Today, technology is driving the world. And at METRO.digital, we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From e-commerce to checkout to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B to build a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department
The core task of our IT procurement department is to provide optimal and value-adding IT procurement services in the METRO world.
- S2C-Process: You manage within your area of responsibility all contract activities like the whole RFx process, drafting, reviewing, and negotiating IT procurement contracts, ensuring compliance with legal and organizational requirements.
- Stakeholder Management: You are the first point of contact for the stakeholder groups that are assigned to you, and you manage their purchase demands. You conduct demand analyses, advise on all procurement topics, and maintain an excellent long-term relationship with your stakeholders.
- Strategy: You develop and implement global IT procurement strategies aligned with the company's overall objectives. Identify cost-saving opportunities, risk mitigation, and innovation within the IT procurement category.
- Optimization: You will be part of our Procurement-Transformation and Optimization process. Bring and implement your idea's and your creativity.
- Supplier Relationship Management: You establish relationships with key IT suppliers, manage performance, conduct supplier evaluations, and negotiate contracts to secure favorable terms and conditions. You define preferred suppliers for recurring demands and develop supplier roadmaps with selected strategic partners. You promote supplier diversity and sustainability initiatives within the category.
- Market Intelligence: You analyze market trends, benchmark pricing, and negotiate competitive agreements to optimize IT while ensuring quality and reliability. You identify new sourcing opportunities, conduct market research, and assess potential suppliers to enhance competitiveness.
- Business Intelligence: You collect and analyze the available data and use it to develop recommendations for action.
- Risk Management: You assess and mitigate risks related to IT procurement, ensuring business continuity and compliance with regulations.
Required key competencies and qualifications:
- Proven experience in Category Management in the area of IT procurement with a good understanding of the challenges, processes, and requirements of IT procurement
- Experience in negotiations for the benefit of stakeholders by considering the medium and long-term implications for the company
- Proactive, result oriented team-player with the ability to work independently also
- Motivation to achieve consistently high-quality results
- An ability to gain credibility with internal stakeholders and persuade people to change and/or adhere to a specific strategic direction is essential. An in-depth understanding of the supply market for each category and the ability to determine opportunities for cost reduction and supplier enhancement are critical.
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent fluency in English (written and verbal)
Respect: You respect individuals and mutual ideas and appreciate each contribution. Furthermore, you can admit mistakes to learn and grow.
Pragmatism: You strive for simple and effective solutions and processes, get things done by taking calculated risks rather than doing it perfectly, continuously run experiments, and make data-determined decisions to maximize the value.
Ownership: You love to take the initiative and move things forward. Furthermore, you hold yourself accountable for the outcomes and empower yourself to make decisions.
Passion: You are passionate about solving our customer's problems, have an inspirational attitude and are enthusiastic. And you strive for the highest standards and continuous improvement.
Have we aroused your interest? Then we are looking forward to your online application. METRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer all qualified applicants full, equal opportunities.
Position grade within our career framework: Procurement Consultant Grade 3 (Md8).
Date posted31 January 2024
Location(s)Düsseldorf, GermanyBerlin, GermanyBrașov, RomaniaBucurești, RomaniaCluj-Napoca, Romania
ProjectMETRO digital Finance and Administration Unit