Passion for food. Hunger for tech. We make METRO digital.
Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO.digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From e-commerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to make each day a success for our customers and colleagues. With passion and ownership, we build the future of wholesale.
You are driving to create smart solutions for customers around the globe?
You want to grow in a flexible environment? Let the right career opportunity find you and join us!
How you will make an impact?
M.Advanced Buying is a solution to support Offer Management, Category Managers, Buying department on their negotiations with suppliers.
Purpose of the solution is to analyze article, supplier, customer data with the target to find levers which 'motivate' the supplier to grant better conditions to METRO. Solution proposes graphs and dashboards on article and supplier KPIs including customer dimension, showing at a glance the position of a supplier. The solution is deployed in 17 countries, basing the analyses on single customer transactions combined with customer and article master data.
- Designing, building and operating core components of our data platform enabling the product teams, data analysts and data scientists to autonomously iterate with and launch data processing jobs/models/reports into production;
- Advising, providing guidance and setting standards for engineers, data scientists and data users on consumption of platform services, pipeline development, and data storage.
Required key competencies and qualifications:
- Must possess at least 3 years of BI, analytics, statistics and/or data warehouse reporting experience;
- Strong technical background and current modern BI and reporting technologies;
- Advanced skills in one SQL flavor (T-SQL/ PL-SQL/ DB2 SQL…) to be able to create SQL scripts for data validation;
- High experience with MicroStrategy or similar reporting tool (Tableau, Microsoft Power BI or others);
- Being open to take part on all QA phases, manual and automatically depending on the use case.
- Nice to have knowledge of Git and scheduling tools such as AirFlow/Cloud Composer and/or Control-M.
- Good understanding of cloud technology (preferably Google Cloud Platform with BigQuery);
- Ability to work as part of an international team, share knowledge actively and contribute with your own ideas and expertise;
- Strong interpersonal skills, intense curiosity, and an enthusiasm for solving difficult problems;
- Very good fluency in English (written and verbal).
What we offer at METRO.digital?
- Flexible and remote work: create your own schedule!
- Flexibility defines the way we work and interact with each other. At METRO.digital you have the possibility to work remotely and adapt your working hours in a very flexible way.
- People development: when you grow so do we!
- We want you to become the best version of yourself with individual and company-wide programs and trainings for people development.
- Focused, among other, on development, leadership, appreciation…. it´s time to upskill your career.
- Support with individual solutions: we are people-caring!
- Life is full of surprises, full of challenges and we want to support you – whenever YOU need - at an individual level and during every stage of your life.
Want to know more about all our benefits? Discover more here.
Position grade within our career framework: Data Engineer Grade MD6-T2
Date posted17 January 2024
Location(s)București, RomaniaCluj-Napoca, RomaniaBrașov, Romania