Passion for food. Hunger for tech. We make METRO digital.
Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO.digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From e-commerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to make each day a success for our customers and colleagues. With passion and ownership, we build the future of wholesale.
You are driving to create smart solutions for customers around the globe? You want to grow in a flexible environment? Let the right career opportunity find you and join us!
How you will make an impact?
ML IT Infrastructure and Devices
We are responsible for the infrastructure of the warehouse locations (9) of METRO Logistics Germany. This task includes project and maintenance consulting, Second Level Support and the operation of individual components (local servers and clients, mobile devices such as terminals and handhelds). Furthermore, we are responsible for IT security, IT risk management, IT budget planning, the technical staff management of the approx. 10 local operators (first level support) and IT procurement (negotiations with suppliers, contract management, invoice control).
- Support for the installed network infrastructure (WAN, LAN, WLAN, Meraki)
- Support in the planning and implementation of IT projects with internal and external partners
- User administration in the Active Directory
- Mobile device management (PDTs, Pick by Voice (Voxter), forklift terminals)
- Contact person for the MLG warehouse locations and interface to third level support
- Documentation and key user training for the IT solutions supported
- Second level support for all hardware used in the warehouse locations
- System monitoring, monitoring
- Location Germany, as the logistics locations also have to be visited regularly
Required key competencies and qualifications:
- Several years of knowledge in the logistics environment and the used IT solutions
- Practical experience in the system administration of Windows clients (Windows 10 or higher) and other LAN devices
- Mobile device management (Airwatch MDM)
- Management of industry-specific solutions (e.g. pick by voice, PDA applications, terminals)
- Knowledge of PC architecture and networks
- MS Office knowledge
- Basic knowledge of backup solutions and monitoring
- Analytical mindset, creativity, resilience, and strong communication skills
- Service-orientated thinking and acting
- Ability to work independently and to analyse problems in a structured and independent manner
- Excellent German language skills (stakeholder communicates in German)
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Participation in the 24/7 on-call service
- Willingness to travel, as the warehouse locations have to be visited from time to time
This resonates with you? Apply now!
What we offer at METRO.digital?
- Flexible and remote work: create your own schedule! Flexibility defines the way we work and interact with each other. At METRO.digital, you have the possibility to work remotely and adapt your working hours in a very flexible way.
- People development: when you grow so do we! We want you to become the best version of yourself with individual and company-wide programs and trainings for people development. Focused among other on development, leadership, appreciation ... it´s time to upskill your career.
- Support with individual solutions: we are people-caring! Life is full of surprises, full of challenges and we want to support you – whenever YOU need - at an individual level and during every stage of your life.
Want to know more about all our benefits? Discover more here.
Let´s connect soon. Apply for the role now!
Position grade within our career framework: Domain Expert Grade 3 (Md7).
Date posted20 November 2023
Location(s)Düsseldorf, GermanyBerlin, Germany
ProjectFinance and Logistics Unit