Passion for food. Hunger for tech. We make METRO digital.
Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO.digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From e-commerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to make each day a success for our customers and colleagues. With passion and ownership, we build the future of wholesale.
You are driving to create smart solutions for customers around the globe? You want to grow in a flexible environment? Let the right career opportunity find you and join us!
How you will make an impact?
As a Mid-Level Python Engineer at Metro Digital you will play a crucial role in designing, developing, and optimizing software solutions for our cutting-edge projects in Machine Learning, Computer Vision, and embedded systems.
You will collaborate with our cross-functional teams to create robust and efficient applications that push the boundaries of technology.
- Software Development: Develop and maintain Python applications, libraries, and tools for Machine Learning, Computer Vision, and embedded systems. Machine Learning: Work on machine learning projects, including data preprocessing, model development, training, and deployment.
- Computer Vision: Develop computer vision algorithms and applications for image and video analysis.
- Embedded Devices: Collaborate with hardware engineers to create software interfaces for embedded systems.
- Code Optimization: Optimize code for performance, memory usage, and scalability.
- Documentation: Create and maintain technical documentation for software projects.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including data scientists, hardware engineers, and software developers.
Required key competencies and qualifications:
- Proven knowledge in design and development of highly scalable cloud-based products using Python and frameworks such as NumPy and Pandas;
- Experience with Data Science libraries such as SciPy, Scikit-Learn and Keras; Experience with Machine Learning frameworks such as TensorFlow or PyTorch.;
- Knowledge of Computer Vision concepts and libraries like OpenCV;
- Familiarity with Raspberry Pi and other similar systems;
- Familiarity with embedded systems development;
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills;
- Very good fluency in English (written and verbal).
This resonates with you? Apply now!
What we offer at METRO.digital?
- Flexible and remote work: create your own schedule! Flexibility defines the way we work and interact with each other. At METRO.digital, you have the possibility to work remotely and adapt your working hours in a very flexible way.
- People development: when you grow so do we! We want you to become the best version of yourself with individual and company-wide programs and trainings for people development. Focused among other on development, leadership, appreciation ... it´s time to upskill your career.
- Support with individual solutions: we are people-caring! Life is full of surprises, full of challenges and we want to support you – whenever YOU need - at an individual level and during every stage of your life.
Position grade within our career framework: Full Stack Engineer Grade MD6-T2
Let´s connect soon. Apply for the role now!
Date posted15 November 2023