Passion for food. Hunger for tech. We make METRO digital.
Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO.digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From e-commerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to make each day a success for our customers and colleagues. With passion and ownership, we build the future of wholesale.
You are driving to create smart solutions for customers around the globe? You want to grow in a flexible environment? Let the right career opportunity find you and join us!
How will you make an impact?
You will join the team of the NextCMS solution which is part of the domain M.Web Experience containing multiple highly business relevant software products of METRO’s digital ecosystem. The Web Experience Domain is responsible for all web platforms aligned to our customers and is a fundamental part of our international e-commerce platform. The platform serves different target groups and also brands. In your role as UX Professional you will collaborate on a day-to-day basis with your product team members including engineers, product owner, domain experts and agile master to develop and further improve the value and experience of the Web Experience solution. Doing so you will be fully responsible to ensure a great user experience by understanding the needs of users and stakeholders.
Your new challenges:
- Continuously uncover new problem spaces and opportunities, use cases, usability issues, and potential improvements for the user journeys. You will explore this from the perspective of METRO employees and customers as well.
- Closely collaborate with members of your team, your domain as well as with other teams and roles including business stakeholders and users from central and country organizations.
- Define, design and test tangible concepts in close collaboration with UX professionals, full-stack developers, domain experts and product managers. You will work from discovery to delivery, assuring excellence in concept and user interface design every step of the way.
- Acting as an advocate for design as problem solving method and being able to explain the value it creates for users, businesses, and stakeholders. You go the extra mile to make great concepts possible.
- Applying user experience metric concepts like HEART, UEQ or CSAT in a targeted manner and use them as a quality indicator for your work.
You are a great fit:
- You are an experienced UX professional who has all the necessary skills to master product development processes in agile environments with a high degree of personal responsibility.
- You love to work from the discovery to the delivery phase and to ensure excellent interaction and interface design at every step.
- You gained solid experience in human centered design, e-commerce and logistics/fulfillment or similar areas which helps you to quickly identify user and business needs and translate them into testable hypotheses and quantitative experiments.
- You are solution-oriented and strongly believe in improvement through continuous iteration.
- You are an open-minded team player and highly flexible when it comes to team collaboration and adapt your ways of working if necessary, in order to reach a valuable outcome in time.
- Communicating in English language verbally and in written form is no issue for you.
We appreciate it if you provide a link to your portfolio or attach a PDF. Keep it short and relevant to the role of a UX Designer. The working process is as important as the result for us.
That's why it's worth getting started:
- You will have direct and visible impact on the software products and user journeys. You can see them develop and grow continuously together with the team.
- You will join forces with other UX Professionals in your domain team and will also become part of an international UX community of over 40 colleagues. Share, learn and grow together.
What we offer at METRO.digital?
- Flexible and remote work: create your own schedule! Flexibility defines the way we work and interact with each other. At METRO.digital, you have the possibility to work remotely and adapt your working hours in a very flexible way.
- People development: when you grow so do we! We want you to become the best version of yourself with individual and company-wide programs and trainings for people development. Focused among other on development, leadership, appreciation ... it´s time to upskill your career.
- Support with individual solutions: we are people-caring! Life is full of surprises, full of challenges and we want to support you – whenever YOU need - at an individual level and during every stage of your life.
Want to know more about all our benefits? Discover more here.
Let´s connect soon. Apply for the role now!
Position grade within our career framework: UX Designer 3 (Md7).
Date posted03 November 2023
Location(s)Düsseldorf, GermanyBerlin, GermanyBucurești, RomaniaCluj-Napoca, Romania
ProjectProduct Skills Unit