Passion for food. Hunger for tech. We make METRO digital.
Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO.digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From e-commerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to make each day a success for our customers and colleagues. With passion and ownership, we build the future of wholesale.
You are driving to create smart solutions for customers around the globe? You want to grow in a flexible environment? Let the right career opportunity find you and join us!
- Being involved in all phases of software engineering, from inception to coding, testing, delivery, and operation. You enable a high degree of automation on every level;
- Increasing productivity of development teams by focusing on the cross-functional aspects like observability, scalability, availability, maintainability, reliability, etc., while always keeping the customer in mind. In doing so, you will also be leading postmortems after major incidents;
- Measuring and monitoring the general state of the system on all mediums;
- Continuously develop yourself, eager to share your knowledge and take over responsibility, and have fun doing so.
Required key competencies and qualifications:
- Proven knowledge of monitoring and experience with Datadog, Prometheus, Grafana, ELK-Stack or similar tools;
- Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Postgres, Kafka, Jenkins, Github are no strange topics to you;
- Knowledge about web security, networking and application architecture;
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines;
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g., Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure) – nice to have;
- Experience working with error budget and SLIs/SLOs;
- Monitoring and Log management (theory and experience with any tools;
- Basic knowledge about web security, networking and application architecture.
- Having a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive. You have experience in dealing with difficult situations and you can make, when necessary, decisions with a sense of urgency;
- Strong motivation and ability to drive your topics;
- Very good fluency in English.
What we offer at METRO.digital?
- Flexible and remote work: create your own schedule! Flexibility defines the way we work and interact with each other. At METRO.digital, you have the possibility to work remotely and adapt your working hours in a very flexible way.
- People development: when you grow so do we! We want you to become the best version of yourself with individual and company-wide programs and trainings for people development. Focused among other on development, leadership, appreciation ... it´s time to upskill your career.
- Support with individual solutions: we are people-caring! Life is full of surprises, full of challenges and we want to support you – whenever YOU need - at an individual level and during every stage of your life.
Want to know more about all our benefits? Discover more here.
Let´s connect soon. Apply for the role now!
Position grade within our career framework: Site Reliability Engineer Grade 3 (Md7)
Date posted02 November 2023
Location(s)București, RomaniaDüsseldorf, GermanyBerlin, GermanyCluj-Napoca, Romania