Passion for food. Hunger for tech. We make METRO digital.
Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO.digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From e-commerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to make each day a success for our customers and colleagues. With passion and ownership, we build the future of wholesale.
You are driving to create smart solutions for customers around the globe? You want to grow in a flexible environment? Let the right career opportunity find you and join us!
Purpose of your new department
METRO digital is looking for a UI Engineer for Design System product team.
Design System - Curious to get more information about the team, the product, or the tech stack? https://metro.digital/products
Your new challenges:
- Holistic approach: As part of an agile development team, you will be involved in all phases of software engineering, from inception to coding, testing, delivery, and operation. You enable a high degree of automation on every level.
- Continuous learning: You are willing to continuously develop yourself, eager to share your knowledge and take over responsibility, and have fun doing so.
- Customer feedback: As part of the team, you constantly seek out feedback from users while developing new features and always keep the code base deployable to production.
What we’re looking for?
- Ability to communicate and collaborate efficiently;
High interest in continuous learning and development (new tools, technologies, methodologies);
- Self-motivation to achieve consistently high-quality results;
- Ability to think out of the box and challenge the status quo;
- Openness to share knowledge and best practices with the team;
- Open to learn new things and assume responsibility into various roles inside the team;
- Ability to use simplicity in complex projects;
- Good command of English, both spoken and written.
You’re a great fit with us if you have:
- 4+ years of engineering or development skills OR significant industry experience uniquely qualifying you for this role;
- Mastery of web development fundamentals;
- Deep knowledge in preferably ReactJS, Web Components, or a framework comparable to React;
- Fluency in modern HTML and CSS;
- An eye for and a passion for crafting pixel-perfect web experiences;
- Familiarity with modern technologies including Container Queries and Grid;
- Deep understanding of how to create usable, accessible, and modular designs that can scale to millions of users;
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid-growth environment;
- Experience & comfort prototyping and quickly iterating with a focus on the end user experience;
- Backend development experience using NodeJS;
- Experience with task runner tools: Webpack + Babel, Parcel;
- Experience with Git and GitHub Actions;
- Unit testing experience;
- Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment experience.
Our general Benefits:
- Flexible and remote work: create your own schedule! Flexibility defines the way we work and interact with each other. At METRO.digital, you have the possibility to work remotely and adapt your working hours in a very flexible way.
- People development: when you grow so do we! We want you to become the best version of yourself with individual and company-wide programs and trainings for people development. Focused among other on development, leadership, appreciation ... it´s time to upskill your career.
- Support with individual solutions: we are people-caring! Life is full of surprises, full of challenges and we want to support you – whenever YOU need - at an individual level and during every stage of your life.
Want to know more about all our benefits? Discover more here.
Let´s connect soon. Apply for the role now!
Date posted19 October 2023
ProfessionFull Stack Engineer