Passion for food. Hunger for tech. We make METRO digital.
Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO.digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From e-commerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to make each day a success for our customers and colleagues. With passion and ownership, we build the future of wholesale – in 20+ countries.
You are driving to create smart solutions for customers around the globe? You want to grow in a flexible environment? Let the right career opportunity find you and join us!
How you will make an impact?
As Domain Owner Web Experience, you will lead essential solutions and services for all the web touchpoints of METRO. Together with your team, you define and drive the strategy for high visibility of the METRO brand and guide customers to the different services and relevant offers leveraging personalized communication.
You’ll head a team of Product Managers, Business Process Consultants and Domain Experts, responsible for eight multinational IT solutions in the area of customer.
You'll collaborate in a cross-functional environment, engaging with internal engineering teams from different geographic regions, design teams, and external service providers to create customized products for diverse customer segments.
- Steer and drive relevancy of our communication and offerings to customers in complex, international traffic environments;
- Partner with Business counterparts and country representatives to evangelize customer- centric development and lead related change processes to the required extent;
- Foster self-organizational skills in the product and service teams;
- Act as coach, coordinator, and in conflict situations, as moderator;
- Create an energizing environment and foster the development of individuals;
- Engage in active dialogue with stakeholders to communicate the value of and continuously develop domain solutions, report numbers, and explain potentials to grow;
- Deliver products based on business requirements and customer needs while balancing experimentation and Delivery;
- Activate domain solutions and strive for simpler structures about the harmonization and decommissioning of old solutions;
- Responsible for the Domain Budget and transparency on its consumption (efficient steering of resources across all service categories, etc.
Key competencies and qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience in digital product development environment(s);
- 5+ years of experience in leading teams and developing people;
- Can-do solid attitude, inspiring personality with eagerness to continuously challenge the status quo to change things for the better;
- Proven track record in managing uncertainties, transforming (parts of) organizations and steer significant multi-stakeholder initiatives;
- Profound knowledge of web technology and common trends;
- Very assertive communication skills in English (written and verbal);
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and technical skills;
- Strong attention to details and technicalities.
What we offer at METRO.digital?
- Flexible and remote work: create your own schedule! Flexibility defines the way we work and interact with each other. At METRO.digital, you have the possibility to work remotely and adapt your working hours in a very flexible way.
- People development: when you grow so do we! We want you to become the best version of yourself with individual and company-wide programs and trainings for people development. Focused among other on development, leadership, appreciation ... it´s time to upskill your career.
- Support with individual solutions: we are people-caring! Life is full of surprises, full of challenges and we want to support you – whenever YOU need - at an individual level and during every stage of your life.
Want to know more about all our benefits? Discover more here.
Let´s connect soon. Apply for the role now!
Position grade within our career framework: Domain Owner Grade 1(Md9).
Date posted02 October 2023
Location(s)Düsseldorf, GermanyBerlin, GermanyCluj-Napoca, RomaniaBucurești, RomaniaBrașov, Romania