Passion for food. Hunger for tech. We make METRO digital.
Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department:
As Domain Owner, you will be in charge of the Software purchasing for enterprise products and retail software and IT solutions for the entire Group. Your second focus is IT services in Germany and Romania. Managing IT Purchasing with technical and disciplinary leadership of teams in Germany and Romania (only technically), you will be responsible for implementing and further developing purchasing strategies. Further targets will be optimizing the process and tool landscape for harmonization, simplification, expansion, and intensive cooperation with the internal and external network.
Your new challenges:
- Ensure active employee management and actively support individual development;
- Provide support in identifying candidates for product and service teams through; constructive internal promotions and recruitment or the engagement of third parties;
- Drive change in the organization and processes to the required extent;
- Foster self-organizational skills in the product and service teams;
- Act as coach, coordinator, and, in conflict situations, as moderator;
- Create a motivating environment and ensure that individuals can develop optimally;
- Engage in active dialogue with stakeholders to communicate the value of and continuously develop domain solutions;
- Responsible for IT Procurement strategy;
- Deliver Procurement Services based on business requirements and METRO AG Guidelines;
- Is responsible for the Domain Budget and transparency on its consumption (efficient steering of resources across all service categories, separation of costs and related resources in "run" and "build" per solution, etc.).
Role Specific Skills:
Fluency in English and German is a must;
- Strategic Thinking: You can find and develop unique opportunities to create value by enabling a disruptive and creative dialogue. You have experience with the POKR method;
- People Development: You enable and support individuals to grow and define a career path while focusing on individual strengths, opportunities for improvement, and performance to explore their full potential;
- Managing Stakeholders: You manage the expectations and the objectives of all people interested in their area of responsibility and can affect or are affected by the business. You identify and analyze stakeholders' needs and systematically plan to communicate and engage with them;
- Subject Matter Expertise: You understand your area of responsibility for all related systems, processes, and products;
- Technical expertise: You own MS-Teams expertise.
- Inspire: You are visionary and let others become the best versions of themselves.
- Empower: You offer your teammates the space to let them take ownership of their actions.
- Coach: You guide employees to improve their performance and enhance their self-perception and problem-solving skills.
What do we offer at METRO.digital?
Flexible and remote work: create your own schedule! Flexibility defines the way we work and interact with each other. At METRO.digital you have the possibility to work remotely and adapt your working hours in a very flexible way.
People development: when you grow so do we! We want you to become the best version of yourself with individual and company-wide programs and trainings for people development.
Focused, among other, on development, leadership, appreciation…. it´s time to upskill your career.
Support with individual solutions: we are people-caring! Life is full of surprises, full of challenges and we want to support you – whenever YOU need - at an individual level and during every stage of your life.
Want to know more about all our benefits? Discover more here.
Position grade within our career framework: Domain Owner Grade 1 (Md9).
Date posted27 September 2023
ProjectProcurement Software & IT Services