Passion for food. Hunger for tech. We make METRO digital.
Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO.digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From e-commerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to make each day a success for our customers and colleagues. With passion and ownership, we build the future of wholesale.
You are driving to create smart solutions for customers around the globe? You want to grow in a flexible environment? Let the right career opportunity find you and join us!
How you will make an impact?
Products and assortment are the core of commercial activity of METRO. Commercial Data:Evaluate is the team behind making sure all digital solutions of METRO are getting their commercial data (products, attributes, assortment) at any given moment when they need to show it to the customer - it is the beating heart of online selling and much more. We support the customer in making their buying decision by telling them a product story – with data! As a Product Manager, you will join our team to continuously improve our product to best meet the needs of our customers.
- Defining and executing together with the team the strategy of your product;
- Measuring the value of your product by using relevant metrics (e.g., North Star Metric, Customer Satisfaction, Usage, Engineering Metrics);
- Making evidence-based decisions and prioritizing the work accordingly;
- Identifying user problems, proposing solutions to reach the expected outcome, and constantly striving to improve the product by making sure the team can focus on the most important topics;
- Prioritizing the backlog items to maximize the value of the product and refining the ideas together with the team;
- Studying the market, users, and market information and using it as input in your decisions;
- Collaborate and align necessary information with peer Product Managers regarding common business goals and a common execution plan;
- Being accountable for defining and aligning the OKRs for your Product Team and monitoring them, together with the team members;
- Engaging in a continuous discovery process with the users and business stakeholders, together with essential roles like UX designer and technical lead;
- Defining hypotheses and running experiments to understand how the users interact with the product;
- Managing the expectations and the needs of all people who have an interest in your area of responsibility and systematically planning to communicate and engage with them;
- Finding and developing unique opportunities to create value by enabling a disruptive and creative dialogue among the people who can affect the product’s vision;
- Conveying or sharing ideas, feelings, and information using the most appropriate methods, tools, and channels for the respective audience;
- Being part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the entire software development life cycle of our digital solutions.
Required key competencies and qualifications:
- Proven experience in leading products in an Agile environment as a Product Owner, Product Manager, or equivalent;
- Knowledge of good practices of Product Discovery (e.g., Design Thinking, Design Sprint, how to run experiments) and how to enable teams to drive data-informed decisions (e.g., North Star Metrics, KPIs);
- Strategic mindset and the ability to develop strategies and roadmaps to maximize the customer value, while driving the business value;
- Passion for writing excellent user stories/jobs to be done and keeping a lean backlog;
- Experience in managing stakeholders’ expectations;
- Experience with digital products in a product organization;
- Being comfortable presenting in front of a large audience;
- Very good fluency in English (written and verbal).
This resonates with you? Apply now!
What we offer at METRO.digital?
- Flexible and remote work: create your own schedule! Flexibility defines the way we work and interact with each other. At METRO.digital, you have the possibility to work remotely and adapt your working hours in a very flexible way.
- People development: when you grow so do we! We want you to become the best version of yourself with individual and company-wide programs and trainings for people development. Focused among other on development, leadership, appreciation ... it´s time to upskill your career.
- Support with individual solutions: we are people-caring! Life is full of surprises, full of challenges and we want to support you – whenever YOU need - at an individual level and during every stage of your life.
Want to know more about all our benefits? Discover more here.
Let´s connect soon. Apply for the role now!
Date posted19 September 2023