Passion for food. Hunger for tech. We make METRO digital.
Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO.digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From e-commerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to make each day a success for our customers and colleagues. With passion and ownership, we build the future of wholesale.
You are driving to create smart solutions for customers around the globe? You want to grow in a flexible environment? Let the right career opportunity find you and join us!
How you will make an impact?
The core task of the IT Procurement unit is to provide IT contract and IT purchasing services.
- Ensuring that all procurement cases are handled in the best way
- Implementing procurement-related sub-projects
- Ensuring that best possible commercial conditions and related guidelines are respected
- Negotiating the contract clauses and fees with the external providers
- Advising internal stakeholders regarding procurement requests
- Liaising with stakeholders to identify opportunities to reduce the total cost of ownership of products and services
- Developing and project-managing the execution of category strategies
- Acting as the interface between internal stakeholders and suppliers
- Providing strategic input into category management frameworks and approaches
Required key competencies and qualifications:
- Proven experience in procurement with a good understanding of the challenges, processes, and requirements of IT procurement
- Experience in negotiations for the benefit of stakeholders, by considering the medium and long-term implications for the company
- Proactive, result oriented team-player with the ability to work independently also
- Ability to respect deadlines and prioritize a busy workload
- Motivation to achieve consistently high quality results
- An ability to gain credibility with internal stakeholders and persuade people to change and/or adhere to a certain strategic direction is essential. An in-depth understanding of the supply market for each category, and the ability to determine opportunities for cost reduction and supplier enhancement is critical
- Good verbal, written and inter-personal communication skills
- Very good fluency in English (written and verbal)
This resonates with you? Apply now!
What we offer at METRO.digital?
- Flexible and remote work: create your own schedule!
Flexibility defines the way we work and interact with each other. At METRO.digital, you have the possibility to work remotely and adapt your working hours in a very flexible way.
- People development: when you grow so do we!
We want you to become the best version of yourself with individual and company-wide programs and trainings for people development. Focused among other on development, leadership, appreciation ... it´s time to upskill your career.
- Support with individual solutions: we are people-caring!
Life is full of surprises, full of challenges and we want to support you – whenever YOU need - at an individual level and during every stage of your life.
Want to know more about all our benefits? Discover more here.
Let´s connect soon. Apply for the role now!
Position grade within our career framework: Procurement Consultant Grade 3(MD7)
Date posted04 September 2023
Location(s)Düsseldorf, GermanyBrașov, RomaniaBucurești, RomaniaCluj-Napoca, Romania