Passion for food. Hunger for tech. We make METRO digital.
Today, technology is driving the world. And at METRO.digital, we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From e-commerce to checkout to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to make each day a success for our customers and colleagues. With passion and ownership, we build the future of wholesale.
Are you driving to create smart solutions for customers around the globe? Do you want to grow in a flexible environment? Let the right career opportunity find you, and join us!
How will you make an impact?
Products and assortment are the core of the commercial activity of METRO. Commercial Data: Evaluate is the team behind ensuring all digital solutions of METRO are getting their commercial data (products, attributes, assortment) at any given moment when they need to show it to the customer - it is the beating heart of online selling and much more. We support the customer in making their buying decision by telling them a product story – with data! As a Full Stack Engineer, you will join our team to continuously improve our product to best meet the needs of our customers.
- Being involved in all phases of software engineering, from inception to coding, testing, delivery and operation;
- Developing high-quality code that follows best practices and clean code principles;
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security and performance;
- Collaborating with other engineers or team members on various layers of the infrastructure, in order to design and launch new features;
- Interacting with the client in order to understand and characterize their needs and advise them if necessary.
Required key competencies and qualifications:
- Proven knowledge in the design and development of highly scalable cloud-based products using Java, Spring ecosystem and micro-services architecture;
- Proven knowledge of relational databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL) or non relational databases;
- Being familiar with automating and scaling tests and deployments with Docker and Kubernetes and DevOps practices (continuous delivery and deployment, monitoring, troubleshooting, etc.);
- Expertise or knowledge in working with cloud vendors (GCP – big plus, AWS, Azure, etc.) - nice to have;
- Very good fluency in English (written and verbal).
Does this resonate with you? Apply now!
What do we offer at METRO.digital?
- Flexible and remote work: create your own schedule! Flexibility defines the way we work and interact with each other. At METRO.digital, you have the possibility to work remotely and adapt your working hours in a very flexible way.
- People development: when you grow so do we! We want you to become the best version of yourself with individual and company-wide programs and trainings for people development. Focused among other on development, leadership, appreciation ... it´s time to upskill your career.
- Support with individual solutions: we are people-caring! Life is full of surprises, full of challenges and we want to support you – whenever YOU need - at an individual level and during every stage of your life.
Want to know more about all our benefits? Discover more here.
Let´s connect soon. Apply for the role now!
Position grade within our career framework: Full Stack Engineer Grade 2
Date posted30 August 2023
Location(s)Berlin, GermanyBucurești, RomaniaBrașov, RomaniaCluj-Napoca, RomaniaDüsseldorf, Germany
ProfessionFull Stack Engineer