Passion for food. Hunger for tech. We make METRO digital.
Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO.digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From e-commerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to make each day a success for our customers and colleagues. With passion and ownership, we build the future of wholesale.
You are driving to create smart solutions for customers around the globe? You want to grow in a flexible environment? Let the right career opportunity find you and join us!
How you will make an impact?
METRO is running several web applications and apps where customers can purchase with us. All of them need a reliable and fast price calculation engine.
Join the team and drive real-time price calculation. As an engineer, you'll craft lightning-fast algorithms, collaborating with a driven group of professionals to create state of the art technical solution for any customer facing solution. Embrace the challenge, innovate, and make every millisecond count with us.
- Being involved in all phases of software engineering, from inception to coding, testing, delivery and operation;
- Developing high quality code that follows best practices and clean code principles;
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security and performance;
- Collaborating with other engineers or team members on various layers of the infrastructure, in order to design and launch new features;
- Interacting with the client in order to understand and characterize their needs and advise them if necessary.
Required key competencies and qualifications:
- Working experience with Apache Beam/ Google Cloud Dataflow) and Python would be great;
- Proven knowledge of Cassandra, SQL Typescript and React;
- Being familiar with automating and scaling tests and deployments with Docker and Kubernetes and DevOps practices (continuous delivery and deployment, monitoring, troubleshooting, etc.);
- Expertise or knowledge in working with cloud vendors (GCP – big plus, AWS, Azure, etc.) - nice to have;
- Very good fluency in English (written and verbal).
This resonates with you? Apply now!
What we offer at METRO.digital?
- Flexible and remote work: create your own schedule! Flexibility defines the way we work and interact with each other. At METRO.digital, you have the possibility to work remotely and adapt your working hours in a very flexible way.
- People development: when you grow so do we! We want you to become the best version of yourself with individual and company-wide programs and trainings for people development. Focused among other on development, leadership, appreciation ... it´s time to upskill your career.
- Support with individual solutions: we are people-caring! Life is full of surprises, full of challenges and we want to support you – whenever YOU need - at an individual level and during every stage of your life.
Want to know more about all our benefits? Discover more here.
Let´s connect soon. Apply for the role now!
Position grade within our career framework: Full Stack Engineer T3 (MD7).
Date posted22 August 2023
ProfessionFull Stack Engineer