Passion for food. Hunger for tech. We make METRO digital.
Today, technology is driving the world. And at METRO. digital, we are moving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From e-commerce to checkout to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to make each day a success for our customers and colleagues. With passion and ownership, we build the future of wholesale.
Are you driving to create intelligent solutions for customers around the globe? Do you want to grow in a flexible environment? Let the right career opportunity find you, and join us!
How will you make an impact?
Our international Advanced. Buying solution is a game changer for our Category Management teams in the countries, supporting the supplier negotiation process with reliable data on product performance to take data-driven decisions.
The solution is as well based on Advanced Analytics and Data Science.
- Designing, building, and operating core components of our data platform, enabling the product teams, data analysts, and data scientists to autonomously iterate with and launch data processing jobs/models/reports into production; Implementing and maintaining microservices and frameworks, from data ingestion to consumption, leveraging Google’s cloud computing platform;
- Such services may include, but are not limited to, batch and streaming ingestion, data governance services, data analytics & processing framework;
- Advising, providing guidance, and setting standards for engineers, data scientists, and data users on the consumption of platform services, pipeline development, and data storage.
Required key competencies and qualifications:
- High experience with MicroStrategy (MSI) or similar reporting tools (Tableau, Microsoft Power BI);
- Must possess at least three years of BI, analytics, statistics, and/or reporting experience;
- Good understanding of cloud technology (preferably Google Cloud Platform with BigQuery);
- Building back-end components using SQL, and Python;
- Good knowledge of version control with Git and scheduling tools such as AirFlow/Cloud Composer and Control-M.
- Ability to work as part of an international team, share knowledge actively, and contribute with your ideas and expertise;
- Strong interpersonal skills, intense curiosity, and an enthusiasm for solving complex problems;
- Excellent fluency in English (written and verbal).
What do we offer at METRO.digital?
- Flexible and remote work: create your schedule! Flexibility defines the way we work and interact with each other. At METRO. digital, you can work remotely and adapt your working hours very flexibly.
- People development: When you grow, so do we! We were hoping you could become the best version of yourself with individual and company-wide programs and training for people development. Focused among others on growth, leadership, appreciation ... it´s time to upskill your career.
- Support with individual solutions: we are people-caring! Life is full of surprises and challenges, and we want to support you – whenever YOU need - at a personal level and at every stage of your life.
Want to know more about all our benefits? Discover more here.
Let´s connect soon. Apply for the role now!
Date posted16 August 2023