Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From e-commerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department
From point-of-sale systems and delivery software to ecommerce platforms and mobile assistants. As engineering hub we do offer a wide range of solutions to digitize our wholesale business! It’s also here where we share know-how, ideas and our passion for technology. We try to understand the user by getting ourselves involved in product discoveries. Meeting METRO customers and employees helps us see their challenges and code with them in mind.
Curious to get more information about the team, the product, or the tech stack? https://metro.digital/hubs/engineering-hub/
What you can expect:
- Holistic approach: You are involved in all phases of software engineering, from conception over implementation to testing and ultimately running it on the cloud. Asserting quality and automation is natural to you.
- Teamwork: You are part of independent small teams with colleagues from all over the world which develop customer-oriented services and applications and deploy them continuously. A constant exchange of knowledge within your multidisciplinary team, including product manager and UX professional, but also with your customers.
- Modern work philosophy: An agile development environment with pair programming and/or code reviews. Use of innovative and state of the art technologies.
Required key competencies and qualifications:
- You must have hands-on experience with Kotlin and you should be able to read and write code in Java and Scala.
- Also, you already designed and engineered environments on cloud providers like GCP, Azure, or AWS for deploying and running microservices. You should know how to handle Kubernetes and Docker.
- You are already developing backend microservices, including designing the persistence layer.
- You have fun solving complex business and technical problems and you want to work in a team that shares this ambition with you.
- You want to develop yourself constantly and you love to make our digital world a little bit better every day.
- You find it exciting to get to know and use new technologies and trends.
- Lastly, you have a good command of English, both spoken and written.
Our general Benefits:
- Work life-balance: flexible working time, work from home forever, celebrate your birthday with a free day;
- Personal growth: training in the area of soft, technical, and business skills, free Bookster account, and opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies;
- Well-being: online sports activities, fitness centers discounts, health and life insurance, private pension, lunch tickets;
- Working mode: multicultural, self-organizing teams, agile environment.
Position grade within our career framework: Full Stack Engineer Grade 2
Your point of contact:
Vy Nguyen (Allie)
Talent Acquisition Partner
Date posted15 June 2023
Location(s)Ho Chi Minh City, VietnamBerlin, GermanyDüsseldorf, GermanyCluj-Napoca, RomaniaBrașov, RomaniaBucurești, Romania
ProfessionFull Stack Engineer