Passion for food. Hunger for tech. We make METRO digital.
Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO.digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From e-commerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to make each day a success for our customers and colleagues. With passion and ownership, we build the future of wholesale.
You are driving to create smart solutions for customers around the globe? You want to grow in a flexible environment? Let the right career opportunity find you and join us!
How you will make an impact?
From point-of-sale systems and delivery software to eCommerce platforms and mobile assistants. As an engineering hub, we do offer a wide range of solutions to digitize our wholesale business! It’s also here where we share know-how, ideas and our passion for technology. We try to understand the user by getting ourselves involved in product discoveries. Meeting METRO customers and employees helps us see their challenges and code with them in mind.
- Holistic leadership: Recruit, lead, develop and coach software engineers who work in multiple different product teams. Support your teams become (or stay) empowered products teams by solving customer problems rather than implementing a backlog
- Strategy and culture: Discuss and help define the tech strategy for products you are technically responsible for. Work closely together with other engineering managers and directors in defining and implementing our overall engineering strategy and culture. Partner with other tech and business leaders in the company to drive the success of our digital products
- Bar raiser: Engage as a participant in technical discussions and decision making together with your engineers and architects
Required key competencies and qualifications:
- You have experience with leading and developing people and a track record as an accomplished leader. You have great people skills and can manage a diverse collection of engineering professionals
- You have excellent communication skills and can communicate effectively with people from a wide range of experiences and professional backgrounds
- You are or have been an accomplished engineer in your past career and as a non-manager have to experience technically mentoring junior engineers
- You feel very comfortable with our tech setup (experience with a variety of modern programming languages, continuous delivery, NoSQL databases, DevOps/SRE, and public clouds (GCP))
- You have solid experience working in an agile environment and that's where you feel at home
This resonates with you? Apply now!
What we offer at METRO.digital?
- Flexible and remote work: create your own schedule! Flexibility defines the way we work and interact with each other. At METRO.digital, you have the possibility to work remotely and adapt your working hours in a very flexible way.
- People development: when you grow so do we! We want you to become the best version of yourself with individual and company-wide programs and trainings for people development. Focused among other on development, leadership, appreciation ... it´s time to upskill your career.
- Support with individual solutions: we are people-caring! Life is full of surprises, full of challenges and we want to support you – whenever YOU need - at an individual level and during every stage of your life.
Want to know more about all our benefits? Discover more here.
Let´s connect soon. Apply for the role now!
Position grade within our career framework: DO2 - Md10
Date posted08 May 2023
Location(s)Düsseldorf, GermanyBerlin, Germany