About METRO Digital:
Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO.digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From e-commerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem. If you have a “Passion for food, Hunger for tech” join Metro digital.
METRO.digital – The place where tech meets wholesale
Purpose of your new department:
As METRO redefines and accelerates its digital presence, the demand for a global marketing platform that enables business functions to unify customer data across the organization and to deliver real-time consistent customer experiences across channels is mandatory.
The aim of our approach is to offer complete digital communication capabilities for contacting our customers: customer journey management, real-time triggered automation, multi-channel communication management, etc. We are changing from manually selected offers to a fully automated refined 1:1 campaign management based on a data interaction machine that drives sales & growth as the main objective. To achieve this goal, METRO decided to use the Adobe Experience Platform, one of the market leaders for digital communication tools. As we are at the beginning of the implementation journey in the pilot METRO countries, it is the perfect time to join us in driving the process forward and rollout the solution in multiple countries during the next years.
Your new challenges:
- You serve as a link between the engineers and the architecture community;
- You promote and implement the agreed standards, processes, and tools of METRO.digital within the marketing area, while working towards improving them based on your experience and feedback;
- As Technical Architect, you also advise product owners and domain/unit owners on technical vision and strategy;
- You are setting the foundation and enabling development teams to use the combined power of Adobe Experience Platform and Google Cloud;
- You are constantly on the lookout for new inspiration to improve the architecture in and beyond your area of responsibility.
You are a great fit:
- You have a good grasp of the Adobe Experience Platform - we are currently using Adobe Real-time CDP, Adobe Journey Optimizer and Adobe Target;
- You have an excellent understanding of the technology stack and design to recommend appropriate software architecture and solutions to complex business problems;
- You are able to translate the impact of architecture and design choices on non-functional requirements like scalability, performance, availability, and security;
- You have experience in software development and worked in a similar (architect) role; cloud infrastructure knowledge is nice to have (e.g. Google Cloud Platform);
- You can discuss architecture principles and advocate them;
- You are able to translate business requirements into technical frameworks;
- You have a wide range of expertise that includes modern operations approaches (e.g. DevOps, SRE), API strategies, application monitoring, agile methodologies, software testing, Continuous Delivery, etc.
That's why it's worth getting started:
- You will have the ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, within a global, remote workforce;
- You will be involved in all phases of software engineering, from conception to implementation to testing;
- You will be part of an independent small team that develops customer-oriented services and applications and deploy them continuously. You will have a constant exchange of knowledge within your multidisciplinary team, including the product manager, but also with your customers;
- You will work in an agile development environment and you will have the opportunity to use innovative and state of the art technologies
Our general Benefits:
- Flexible and remote work: create your own schedule!
Flexibility defines the way we work and interact with each other. At METRO.digital, you have the possibility to work remotely and adapt your working hours in a very flexible way.
- People development: when you grow so do we!
We want you to become the best version of yourself with individual and company-wide programs and trainings for people development. Focused among other on development, leadership, appreciation ... it´s time to upskill your career.
- Support with individual solutions: we are people-caring!
Life is full of surprises, full of challenges and we want to support you – whenever YOU need - at an individual level and during every stage of your life.
Want to know more about all our benefits? Discover more here.
Position grade within our career framework: Technical Architect Grade 2
Date posted22 February 2023
Location(s)București, RomaniaBrașov, RomaniaCluj-Napoca, RomaniaDüsseldorf, GermanyHo Chi Minh City, VietnamBerlin, Germany