Passion for food. Hunger for tech. We make METRO digital.
Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO.digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From e-commerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to make each day a success for our customers and colleagues. With passion and ownership, we build the future of wholesale.
You are driving to create smart solutions for customers around the globe? You want to grow in a flexible environment? Let the right career opportunity find you and join us!
Providing great and innovative services to our clients requires data management at scale. In order to continue on our data journey, Metro.digital is looking for an Enterprise Data Architect.
The candidate should:
- be able to communicate the value of data on all levels and be actively shaping how Metro is handling data today and tomorrow;
- have strong communication skills as a key task is to connect people from different business units and different roles;
- should be able to work conceptually and be able to communicate the impact of this type work;
- should be able to think and to communicate the big picture for data and at the same time be able to link this to individual solutions;
- actively driving the collaboration with technical architects on enterprise and solution level;
- actively engaging with business process architects;
- have 7.5+ years experience in complex data management scenarios;
- have a huge interest in the business processes and business challenges a company like Metro is facing; experience in the wholesale/retail domain is a plus but not mandatory;
- have coded data processing pipelines or data applications and should be knowledgeable in modern software delivery and lifecycle management;
- have deep knowledge in state of the art data processing technologies;
- deep knowledge (differences and tradeoffs) of different database technologies, like Relational, NoSQL, Data Lake;
- good knowledge of public clouds (GCP);
- have a consulting mindset. Sharing information and proactively support projects is a must;
- should be able to guide and respecting people and be an internal sales person for all topics around data;
- should have skills in data modeling and governance models and how to make them become reality in a large cooperation;
- should have strong methodology skills when engaging with business units and data teams;
- should have a background in how to bring AI/ML into business processes and what role data management plays in such advanced solutions;
- should have knowledge in the area of GDPR and other data privacy and security regulations;
- should be able to articulate the value of data quality and why it matters to everyone in a data driven organization;
- should be willing to represent Metro.digital on external conferences;
- should be willing to get engaged in hiring data people and mentor people on their data savvy career path;
- should be familiar with agile software delivery by teams that are spread across various locations.
Our general Benefits:
- Flexible and remote work: create your own schedule!
- Flexibility defines the way we work and interact with each other. At METRO.digital, you have the possibility to work remotely and adapt your working hours in a very flexible way.
- People development: when you grow so do we!
- We want you to become the best version of yourself with individual and company-wide programs and trainings for people development. Focused among other on development, leadership, appreciation ... it´s time to upskill your career.
- Support with individual solutions: we are people-caring!
Life is full of surprises, full of challenges and we want to support you – whenever YOU need - at an individual level and during every stage of your life.
Want to know more about all our benefits? Discover more here.
Position grade within our career framework: Technical Architect Grade 3 (Md10).
Date posted17 February 2023
Location(s)București, RomaniaDüsseldorf, GermanyBerlin, GermanyHo Chi Minh City, VietnamBrașov, RomaniaCluj-Napoca, Romania