Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO.digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
You might be a perfect fit if:
- Passionate about technology and about innovation in all fields;
- Relevant participation in school contests/Olympics/Hackathon events/extra-curricular activities;
- Familiar with Data Structures or Algorithms from university, an internship, open source hobby coding, or other practical experience;
- Familiar with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Python, Java or Go;
- Familiar with one or more database technologies including but not limited to: PostgreSQL, MySQL, NoSQL;
- Familiar with SQL and its variation;
- Help write, analyze and optimize SQL statements;
- Interest and ability to learn other programming languages and database technologies as needed;
- Interest in understanding and working with data;
- An on-going bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in Computer Science/ Informatics;
- Advanced English language skills.
- Natural curiosity and desire to learn, a passion for solving real world problems.
- Analytical, interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills.
- Creative thinker.
- Fun to work with!
- Program duration: 6 months;
- Type of employment during program: 4h-6h-8h hours, Paid;
- Possible Integration at the end of the program: Full Time, Unlimited period;
- Experienced mentors that will be by your side during the entire program;
- Opportunity to work with new technologies;
- Great opportunity to jump-start your career;
- Onboarding and development program;
- Acquire hands-on experience in a revolutionary IT company.
How does the application process look like at METRO.digital?
- STEP 1: Submit you application until December 31st! Feel free to share about your projects, passion for tech or your volunteering work.
- STEP 2: Get ready to show your super tech powers! The selected candidates will receive a technical quest.
- STEP 3: Open days in February! Workshops, get to know each other and cookies. The final selected candidates will be offered a traineeship.
In no time, you will be part of a product team, learning every day and with great opportunities to show your hunger for tech.
Our general Benefits:
- Work life-balance: flexible working time, work from anywhere inside Romania, celebrate your birthday with a free day;
- Personal growth: trainings in the area of soft, technical and business skills, free Bookster account, opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies;
- Well-being: online sport activities, fitness centers discounts, health and life insurance, private pension, lunch tickets;
- Working mode: multicultural, self-organizing teams, agile environment.
Date posted09 November 2022
Location(s)Brașov, RomaniaBucurești, Romania
ProfessionTrainee (Data Engineer)
ProjectOnboarding & Traineeship