Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO.digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
You might be a perfect fit if:
- Passionate about technology and about innovation in all fields;
• Relevant participation in school contests/Olympics/Hackathon events/extra-curricular activities;
• Familiar with Data Structures or Algorithms from university, an internship, open source hobby coding, or other practical experience;
• Familiar with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: C#, .NET or .NET Core;
- Interest and ability to learn other programming languages and database technologies as needed;
- An on-going bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in Computer Science/ Informatics;
- Advanced English language skills;
- Natural curiosity and desire to learn, a passion for solving real world problems;
- Analytical, interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills;
- Creative thinker;
- Fun to work with!
Responsibilities / Accomplishments
Your responsibilities will be defined based on the objectives and the development plan that you will create along with your mentor.
You will learn how to:
- Coach the teams to be self-management and cross-functional;
- Clear away obstacles that prevent the team from delivering customer value;
- Develop metrics to become better at making predictions and reducing risks;
- Create and maintain team’s transparency;
- Facilitate agile ceremonies (Daily, Refinement, Sprint Retrospective, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review);
- Keep track and actively follow up on decisions and pending tasks;
- Act as a change agent;
- Work with virtual, distributed teams;
- Work with different personality types.
- Program duration: 6 months;
- Type of employment during program: 4h-6h-8h hours, Paid;
- Possible Integration at the end of the program: Full Time, Unlimited period;
- Experienced mentors that will be by your side during the entire program;
- Opportunity to work with new technologies;
- Great opportunity to jump-start your career;
- Onboarding and development program;
- Acquire hands-on experience in a revolutionary IT company.
How does the application process look like at METRO.digital?
- STEP 1: Submit you application until December 31st! Feel free to share about your projects, passion for tech or your volunteering work;
- STEP 2: Get ready to show your super tech powers! The selected candidates will receive a technical quest;
- STEP 3: Open days in February! Workshops, get to know each other and cookies. The final selected candidates will be offered a traineeship.
In no time, you will be part of a product team, learning every day and with great opportunities to show your hunger for tech.
Our general Benefits:
- Work life-balance: flexible working time, work from anywhere inside Romania, celebrate your birthday with a free day;
- Personal growth: trainings in the area of soft, technical and business skills, free Bookster account, opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies;
- Well-being: online sport activities, fitness centers discounts, health and life insurance, private pension, lunch tickets;
- Working mode: multicultural, self-organizing teams, agile environment.
Date posted09 November 2022
ProfessionTrainee (.NET Developer)
ProjectOnboarding & Traineeship