Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department
From point-of-sale systems and delivery software to ecommerce platforms and mobile assistants. As engineering hub, we do offer a wide range of solutions to digitize our wholesale business! It’s also here where we share know-how, ideas, and our passion for technology. We try to understand the user by getting ourselves involved in product discoveries. Meeting METRO customers and employees helps us see their challenges and code with them in mind.
Curious to get more information about the team, the product, or the tech stack? https://metro.digital/hubs/engineering-hub/
What you can expect:
Cloud-native: You are involved in all phases of software engineering with usage of modern cloud technologies. You use public cloud offering to improve all aspects of software production, from conception over implementation to testing and operating with full observability.
Teamwork: You are part of a unique team with colleagues from all over the world, which eases cloud adoption for other software development teams. You're in a constant exchange of knowledge within and across multidisciplinary teams, including developers, product manager, UX professional, and end-users.
Modern work philosophy: An agile development environment with pair programming and/or code reviews. Use of innovative and state-of-the-art technologies.
- You have profound knowledge of the Go programming language;
- You have experience to design, provision and run resilient, secure and scalable distributed systems in the public cloud (GCP experience is a plus);
- Knowing how or willing to learn how to write Infrastructure as a Code and automation in the provisioning, change and operation of IT environments is a plus;
- If the skills and experience we are looking for is what you are targeting and as of now are half ways done, we are open to go the way together;
- You have a systematic problem-solving approach coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive;
- You are focused on delivering results via teamwork in an international, dynamic environment;
- You find it exciting to get to know and use new technologies and trends.
Our general Benefits:
- Work life-balance: flexible working time, work from home forever, celebrate your birthday with a free day;
- Personal growth: trainings in the area of soft, technical and business skills, free Bookster account, opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies;
- Well-being: online sport activities, fitness centers discounts, health and life insurance, private pension, lunch tickets;
- Working mode: multicultural, self-organizing teams, agile environment.
Date posted07 November 2022
Location(s)București, RomaniaCluj-Napoca, RomaniaBrașov, RomaniaDüsseldorf, GermanyBerlin, Germany