Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO.digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From e-commerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees are spread across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitalization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of the Design Hub
As UX Researcher at the Design Hub of METRO digital you are the evangelist of our users – be it customers or employees. You help product teams to transform research insights into action to continously improve the experience of our software products and services.
Curious to get more information about the team, the product, or the tech stack?
Your new challenges:
- Full responsibility of planning and conducting user research: You develop a product-specific research roadmap in coordination with product teams and internal stakeholders. You manage any needed external agencies or service providers, and schedule research measures including external or internal recruitment of suitable study participants.
- Implementation of research: You setup usability tests both onsite and remote. The moderation of discovery workshops or design sprints with product teams and other stakeholders is also in your hand. Furthermore you ensure a consistent and continued usage of standardized UX metrics/questionnaires.
- Evaluation and presentation: You analyse and provide research insights in a timely and appropriate form in line with agile product development. Also important: to ensure a unified and standardized knowledge sharing.
- Training & Enablement: You share your own UX research expertise in an appropriate way with UX professionals from other disciplines as well as with other colleagues in the company.
You are a great fit if:
- Strong team player: You are highly flexible when it comes to cross-team collaboration and adapt your ways of working, if necessary, in order to reach a valuable outcome in time. Your feeling for the right tone at the right time also helps you to communicate critical research findings convincingly.
- Advocate for the user: You show big empathy for users and collect needs by actively listening. Important mentality: make use of data as much as possible instead of subjective statements (better to say “I don’t know yet”).
- Profound knowledge and experience in qualitative and quantitative research methods: This for example includes contextual inquiry, expert reviews incl. integration of usability heuristics, quantitative (online) surveys, competitor analysis and desk research. Planning and conducting user interviews, e.g., to improve our customer’s web experience, is also part of your daily tasks.
That's why it's worth getting started:
- Join a product team of passionate people, that strive each day to help Metro make date informed decisions
- With your work, you have a direct and visible impact on the final product. You can continuously influence its development and growth together with the team.
- You will be part of an international UX community of over 30 diverse colleagues. Share, learn and grow together.
Our general Benefits:
Work life-balance: flexible working time, work from home forever, celebrate your birthday with a free day;
Personal growth: training in the area of soft, technical, and business skills, free Bookster account, opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies;
Well-being: online sports activities, fitness centers discounts, health and life insurance, private pension, lunch tickets;
Working mode: multicultural, self-organizing teams, agile environment;
Date posted07 November 2022
ProjectProduct Skills Unit