Have you heard about us?
Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO.digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From e-commerce to checkout, all the way to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Who are you?
Are you the kind of person that values a company where you can do meaningful work that changes people’s lives for the better?
Do you appreciate a flat organization and open culture where ideas will always win?
Is your belief that strong teams are all about being empowered and self-organised?
If such statements are defining you as a person, then look no more, as you most likely stumbled upon your new job.
What will you do?
As a Product Manager, you will be the essential link between the business owners and a dedicated agile team.
Working with us means that YOU are the mastermind who knows what will make the business prosper, what is technically possible and how to make it happen, leveraging the team's capabilities.
Once you have got the right vision, you have the autonomy to create your product strategy, draft a roadmap, set priorities and objectives, and enable your agile team to make it happen, all of this at eye level with our customers.
Your mission in the METRO digital world will be to join the Store Merchandising Domain team and contribute to the success of our business, bringing the most benefits by usage of our solutions and products for store employees.
You will join the forces on MMS Store Master data team, one product of MMS Store solution, the core ERP system used by our store employees. Main responsibilities of the products are to ensure availability of master data in formation to store employees, and to connected sub-systems used in the store.
Required key competencies and qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in leading agile projects as a product manager or equivalent;
- Experience in managing products in an Agile environment;
- A good understanding of the tech stack and product life cycle //start-to-end app development process;
- Always wanting to deliver best measurable results;
- Contributor mindset, motivated by co-operation;
- Good time management, able to set up priorities and to monitor progress;
- Ability to balance effort/costs/resources with benefits & gains for our customers;
- Ability to build credibility in relation with stakeholders and team members;
- Support the agile team with business knowledge;
Product Management DNA
- Pragmatically building the product vision and roadmap;
- Use experimentation techniques to validate assumptions;
- Continuous discovery focus, user-centricity (willingness to apply human centered product design);
- Ability to act FAST! Relentlessly reduce the Cost of Delay;
- Prepared and willing to gracefully articulate a ‘No’ with the appropriate arguments;
- Be the expert on market trends & industry best practices;
- Maintain a critical perspective to drive revisions and extensions for existing products and solutions;
- Data driven - relies on metrics and concrete results to define success;
- Get the most out of the product team;
- Knowledge and understanding of technical engineering best practices (e.g., test driven development, continuous integration, etc.);
- Familiarity with cloud-based technologies and microservice architectures;
- Basic idea about (at least) one programming language, would be a big plus;
- Advanced knowledge of product development and Agile methodology;
- Collaborate with the UX/UI team to research, develop and validate the UI flows to be implemented;
- Support the agile team with business information;
- Fluent in English both written and spoken;
- High willingness to travel in Romania and abroad up to 10% of the time;
That's why it's worth getting started:
- We are a great team, passionate and engage, that likes working remotely;
- We are building the future of retail – what we are developing today will become the future standard;
- You will have lots of opportunities to grow and developed yourself;
Our general Benefits:
- Work life-balance: flexible working time, work from home forever, celebrate your birthday with a free day;
- Personal growth: training in the area of soft, technical and business skills; free Bookster account, opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies;
- Well-being: online sport activities, fitness centers discounts, health and life insurance, private pension, lunch tickets;
- Working mode: multicultural, self-organizing teams, agile environment.
Date posted26 October 2022
ProjectSupply Chain Experience Unit