Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO.digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department
As Technical Architect at M.Web domain means for you being part of our strong engineering community and as well work dedicated in our product teams building the next level of wholesale websites and content management system. Commerce and food service distribution solutions within the METRO world are integrated with us to enable online business. We are implementing personalization journeys and use machine learning - relevant data gives us the guidance for decisions. We are also doing continuous innovation in terms of software and cloud architecture to keep our products updated in terms of market standards.
What you can expect:
• Hybrid Cloud: As architect for our hybrid cloud infrastructure, you are involved in both on-premise and public cloud deployment, you are building the foundation and enable development teams to use the power of Google Cloud and other Cloud Native technologies. As a main stakeholder, you represent infrastructure needs in your area and advocate for optimal usage;
• Bridge to engineering: You serve as a link between the engineers within your area and the architecture community. Within this community, you are also advising the technical management and evolve & align on our architecture principles;
• Hands’on support for engineers: You are not an ivory tower expert. Whenever it is needed, you will support engineers with writing the code, so that a certain best practice is drilled down in the teams.
• Setting the standards: You promote and implement the agreed standards, processes, and tools of METRO digital within your area, while working towards improving them based on your experience and feedback. In collaboration with the IT security team, you are supporting the teams, to establish and implement IT security standards;
• Cross functional collaboration: As Technical Architect, you also advise product owners and domain/unit owners on technical vision and strategy;
• Continuous improvement: You are constantly looking for new inspiration to improve the architecture in and beyond your area of responsibility. Nobody likes to produce waste in terms of not used solutions, so you are advocating for early feedback and other lean practices.
Required key competencies and qualifications:
• You have experience in .NET development, cloud infrastructure, software development and deployment patterns in both on-premise and public cloud (e.g. Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure) and worked in a similar (architect) role;
• You are experienced in architecting, implementing, and running large scale, business critical applications that require high availability and high modifiability. Extensive knowledge in different architecture styles (such as microservice architectures, monolithic applications or building mobile apps) is needed;
• You have experience and knowledge of cloud native technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Postgres, Datadog and/or similar;
• You have a wide range of expertise that includes modern operations approaches (e.g. DevOps, SRE), API gateways and integration driven architecture, software testing levels and tools, continuous delivery strategies and tools, application monitoring;
• You have good knowledge of secured architectures (threat modeling, vulnerability management etc.);
• You can discuss architecture principles and advocate them in a compelling manner to an English-speaking audience. One of your strength is also to translate business requirements into technical frameworks and vice versa;
• You are curious and excited to learn as well as use new technologies and architecture patterns
Have we aroused your interest? Then we are looking forward to your online application. METRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer all qualified applicants full equal opportunities.
Date posted14 October 2022
Location(s)București, RomaniaDüsseldorf, GermanyBerlin, Germany