Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department
In order to support company strategy to increase sales and share of delivery business, transformation of classical stores to MFC (multi-channel fulfilment centers) is a must.
Covering all logistic operations like good receiving, stock management, picking, delivery, the MFC journey is a strong pillar of transforming METRO activities to a fully wholesale business.
MFC will support to have a logistic operational model that will ensure scalability and high efficiency.
Your new challenges:
- Assess the vendor solutions’ architecture and evaluate their match to our technical requirements
- Make architecture decisions at the solutions integration level within MFC domain
- Create architecture blueprints and guidelines addressing the MFC transformation
- Advice MFC business lead on technical feasibility
- You closely collaborate with the Technical Architects in the Supply Chain and with the Enterprise Architect to fulfil the MFC goals
- You promote and require implementation of the agreed standards, metrics of METRO.digital within your area, while working towards improving them based on your experience and feedback
Required key competencies and qualifications:
- You have excellent communication skills and can communicate effectively with people from a wide range of experiences and professional backgrounds
- You have several years of experience of implementing business processes of ERP and E-Commerce solutions (on-premises and cloud)
- You know the capabilities and implementations of known vendors (e.g. SAP, Blue Yonder, Microsoft, …) as well as enhancing services (Identity & Access, Hosting, Application Management)
- You are familiar with enhancing products and services of the information security and compliance domain
- You feel very comfortable with our tech setup (experience with a variety of modern programming languages, continuous delivery, NoSQL databases, DevOps/SRE and public clouds (GCP))
- You have solid experience working in an agile environment and that's where you feel at home
Our general Benefits:
- Work life-balance: flexible working time, work from home forever, celebrate your birthday with a free day;
- Personal growth: trainings in the area of soft, technical and business skills, free Bookster account, opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies;
- Well-being: online sport activities, fitness centers discounts, health and life insurance, private pension, lunch tickets;
- Working mode: multicultural, self-organizing teams, agile environment;
Date posted13 October 2022