Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO.digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department
M|Credit is a reliable credit management system designed to help the colleagues provide professional consultancy on the spot. It does this by evaluating and minimizing the risks while managing the entire customer assessment process. It also supports the paperwork and the digital credit approvals’ collection.
M|Credit is an ecosystem with multiple applications on microservices architecture continuously deployed. Through a responsive interface developed in a reusable manner with React components, it helps the credit process in Metro stores on any device.
Curious to get more information about the team, the product, or the tech stack? https://metro.digital/hubs/engineering-hub/
- Involved in all phases of software engineering, from inception to coding, testing, delivery and operation;
- Develop high quality code that follows best practices and clean code principles;
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security and performance;
- Collaborate with other engineers or team members on various layers of the infrastructure, in order to design and launch new features;
- As an experienced engineer, interact with the client in order to understand and characterize their needs and advise them if necessary.
Required key competencies and qualifications:
- Relational databases like Postgresql, Cassandra;
- Asynchronous messaging platforms like Kafka/RabbitMQ/Google Cloud PubSub;
- Version control systems like GIT and platforms like GitLab/GitHub;
- Designing, developing and deploying microservice-based applications;
- Software design patterns, web application and web services architectures, event driven architecture, RESTful APIs;
- Software engineering practices, craftsmanship of clean and efficient code;
- Unit testing, integration testing, component testing, CDC testing and end to end testing tools;
- Running apps on Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Platforms and deploying through GitHub Actions/Jenkins X;
- Monitoring apps with tools like DataDog;
- Familiar with agile and lean methodologies (break down big projects into small stories, prioritizing, adapting to change, and delivering the most value);
- Problem solver abilities, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive;
- Focused on lowering the mean time between having ideas and making stuff happen;
- High interest in continuous learning and development (new tools, technologies, methodologies);
- Openness to share knowledge and best practices with the team;
- Advanced English knowledge, both spoken and written.
Our general Benefits:
- Work life-balance: flexible working time, work from anywhere inside Romania, celebrate your birthday with a free day;
- Personal growth: trainings in the area of soft, technical and business skills, free Bookster account, opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies;
- Well-being: online sport activities, fitness centers discounts, health and life insurance, private pension, lunch tickets;
- Working mode: multicultural, self-organizing teams, agile
Date posted12 October 2022
Location(s)București, RomaniaDüsseldorf, GermanyBerlin, Germany
ProfessionFull Stack Engineer