Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department
Our international M.Advanced.Buying solution is a game changer for our Category Management teams in the countries, supporting the supplier negotiation process with reliable data on product performance to take data-driven decisions.
The solution is as well based on Advanced Analytics and Data Science.
Curious to get more information about the team, the product, or the tech stack? https://metro.digital/products
Your new challenge
- You will be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle of our solutions;
- Define and execute together with the team the strategy of the product in your responsibility;
- Be the first contact for the business stakeholders at METRO AG and in the METRO countries in all areas of your product;
- Manage the transformation of BI requirements and projects into interactive analytical solutions in close cooperation with the business stakeholders;
- Align, manage and control the budget for your product;
- Coordination and alignment between other product teams of METRO.digital;
Required key competencies and qualifications:
- Managing Stakeholders: You manage the expectations and the objectives of all people who have an interest in their area of responsibility and can affect or are affected by the business;
- You identify and analyse stakeholders' needs and systematically plan to communicate and engage with them;
- University degree in Information Technology, Business Administration or similar IT or business related degrees (e.g. B.Sc. / M.Sc.);
- At least 3 years of working/internship experience within an IT role;
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence environments and tools will be an asset;
- Experience within project management and agile methodologies;
- Team player with high level of motivation and ability to work independently;
- Strong communication skills;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines;
- Very strong analytical skills and distinctive expertise in solving problems;
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
Our general Benefits:
- Work life-balance: flexible working time, work from home forever, celebrate your birthday with a free day;
- Personal growth: trainings in the area of soft, technical and business skills, free Bookster account, opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies;
- Well-being: online sport activities, fitness centers discounts, health and life insurance, private pension, lunch tickets;
- Working mode: multicultural, self-organizing teams, agile environment.
Date posted15 September 2022