Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department:
Companion originates from the Latin term compāniō, literally: one who eats bread with another. It describes a person you can trust. The companion we have built for our customers won’t break the bread with you — but it will surely help you find it.
Are you curious for more information about the teams, the products or our Tech- Stack? https://metro.digital/hubs/design-hub/
Your new challenges:
Ongoing Discovery: Continuously uncover new problem spaces and opportunities, use cases, usability issues, and potential improvements for the mobile user journey of METRO. Together with customers, your team as well as country stakeholders.
- Define, design and test tangible concepts and interaction designs for the METRO Companion in close collaboration with full-stack developers. You love working from discovery to delivery, assuring excellence in concept and user interface design every step of the way.
You fit in well with us:
- You are an experienced UX Designer equipped with all the knowledge needed to master product development processes in agile environments, with a high amount of self-responsibility.
- Your background in Mobile Design (iOS/Android) and E-Commerce helps you identify user and business needs quickly and translate them into testable hypotheses and quantitative experimentation setups. You rely on data, not on opinions.
- You focus on outcome instead of output and strongly believe in improvement through steady iteration.
- You love to talk to end users and have solid work experience in the application of Human Centered Design methods and tools such as interviewing, user journey mapping, prototyping and A/B testing.
- UX design and wireframing with tools like Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD, InVision App, Axure or on paper is part of your daily work. Actually, you don’t care and use the tools which does the job.
Therefore it is worthwhile to join us:
- Work on one of the most exciting and fastest growing products within METRO.digital
- You will be part of an international UX community of over 30 colleagues.
Our general benefits:
- Work life-balance: flexible working time, work from home forever, celebrate your birthday with a free day;
- Personal growth: trainings in the area of soft, technical and business skills, free Bookster account, opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies;
- Well-being: online sport activities, fitness centers discounts, health and life insurance, private pension, lunch tickets;
- Working mode: multicultural, self-organizing teams, agile environment.
Have we aroused your interest? Then we are looking forward to your online application. METRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer all qualified applicants full equal opportunities.
Please provide a link to your portfolio or attach a PDF. Keep your portfolio short and relevant to the role of an UX Professional. The working process is just as important as the result for us.
If you don't have a portfolio or haven't had time to create one yet, feel free to tell us about your favorite and most successful project you've worked on during the initial interview.
Your point of contact:
Date posted14 September 2022
ProjectSkill Management UI/UX DE 1