Today technology is driving the world. At METRO.digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food -METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem. We build the future of wholesale –we make METRO digital.
Purpose of your new department
Our Analytics and Data science Hub is a place, where analysts, data engineers and data scientists connect. It’s also here where we leverage data to innovate and make intelligent decisions. In your role you will be part of the Web Experience domain that has the focus on the web touchpoints and related online marketing activities of METRO.
Your new challenges:
In your new role as Data Analyst for our domain you are responsible for generating insights based on data which is available in our different solutions or to be collected from the market. You use your magic to combine different data sources and to extract the essence for deeper analysis. Data insights become visible and easy to understand in your hands with the right visualization method. Furthermore, you help our product teams to get access to the right data which enables them to build more intelligent solutions. In addition, you consult your colleagues and stakeholders in usage of relevant metrics for their challenges. You are an ambassador for the power of data in our organization.
You are a great fit:
- You can work collaboratively with various teams throughout the broader organization;
- You have strong analytical skills and can think conceptually;
- You can visualize data in an insightful way for the right audience with Data Studio, Microstrategy, Tableau, or other dashboarding platforms;
- Big Query, SQL, NoSQL - you know how to fetch and filter the right data for the right answers;
- You have already worked with web analytics tools like Google Analytics or similar;
- You are excited about data analytics and science and can explain technical concepts to in an easy and understandable way to a non-technical audience;
- You ideally have a background in e-commerce or online marketing sector;
- You do not shy away from public speaking;
- You have curiosity and passion to learn new tools and methods;
- You are self-aware, positive, and strongly committed to customer orientation;
- You can communicate in English fluently;
- Python experience is a great plus.
Our general Benefits:
- Work life-balance: flexible working time, work from anywhere inside Romania, celebrate your birthday with a free day;
- Personal growth: trainings in the area of soft, technical and business skills, free Bookster account, opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies;
- Well-being: online sport activities, fitness centers discounts, health and life insurance, private pension, lunch tickets;
- Working mode: multicultural, self-organizing teams, agile environment.
Date posted05 September 2022