Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From eCommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new project: “Checkoutless” solution uses AI and video image recognition to create a self-running concept store, where customers go in, take the products, and leave. Based on two video cameras (one for people tracking and one for article recognition) the project combines data and creates virtual baskets with articles collected by each customer from shelves.
Curious to get more information about the team, the product, or the tech stack? https://metro.digital/products
Your new challenges:
- To use the principles of clean code and understand the agile software development practices;
- To be a team player that provides constructive feedback in order to continuously improve his or his team’s work;
- To be a continuous learner, able to see things from different perspectives, curious on the latest software engineering trends.
Required key competencies and qualifications:
- Computer Vision Programming, Strong organization, time management and task prioritization skills;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, customers and other stakeholders from different locations;
- University degree in a technical field;
- Good English language, verbally and in writing.
Our general Benefits:
- Work life-balance: flexible working time, work from home forever, celebrate your birthday with a free day;
- Personal growth: training in the area of soft, technical and business skills, free Bookster account, the opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies;
- Well-being: online sports activities, fitness centers discounts, health and life insurance, private pension, lunch tickets;
- Working mode: multicultural, self-organizing teams, agile environment.
Date posted18 August 2022