Today technology is driving the world. At METRO digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 23 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department
Our Analytics and Data science Hub is a place, where analysts, data engineers and data scientists connect. It’s also here where we leverage data to innovate and make intelligent decisions. In your role you will be part of the Domain Personalized Experience and Touchpoint Management that has the focus for customers to perceive the value in each single individual interaction with METRO.
In your new role you will be able to grow within a product organization that builds the future marketing technology stack for customer-centric communication across all digital channels.
As a Product Owner for the solution of Data Science Recommender Systems, you drive the development of recommenders integrated in METRO online shop, METRO App and Sales Manager Systems bringing them to the execution by stakeholders and country teams. All our recommenders are based on the most recent machine learning algorithms and techniques. The models are fully automatically trained and orchestrated using technologies such as: Kubeflow, airflow, BigQuery, GKE, etc. The team always strives for improvement by trying out new approaches in both data science and cloud development, which you are continuously guiding and empowering. Next to technical product improvement, you cooperate closely with your stakeholders. Based on your discovery and negotiation with the business side, you create vision for your products and prioritize the backlog of your team.
Your new challenges:
- Full responsibility: You are responsible for the Recommender Systems (frequently-bought together, alternative recommender, ranked promotions). You drive the discovery, create a vision and define relevant measures for continuous improvement of your product within the digital METRO system landscape.
- Shaping the future: As a team, you design the system landscape of the future, which takes modern requirements into account.
- Set standards: Together with your team and the responsible departments, you set binding standards for processes and stakeholders, which consumes or build upon customer lifecycle models.
- Communication: You apply design thinking to discover stakeholders’ and customers’ pain points and urgent needs. The result of your negotiations is reflected in team objectives.
- Global scale: Grow in the area of international cross-country and cross-product collaboration and contribute to product organization in the customer relationship area
You are a great fit:
- Strong team player: You are very flexible when it comes to cross-team collaboration and adapt your working methods, if necessary, to achieve a valuable result in good time. You're feeling for the right tone at the right time will also help you communicate convincingly in critical situations.
- Business competence: You will quickly understand even complex topics and are able to explain them in an understandable manner. Your in-depth knowledge of the processes in the life cycle of a customer will help you. Terms like collaborative filtering, matrix factorization, predictive models, embeddings are not just buzzwords for you.
- Mindset: Use as much data as possible instead of subjective statements. Listening and effective communication are your great strengths.
- Methodological competence: Working in an agile environment is nothing new to you. Ideally, you already have experience in product management.
- Technology expertise: Ideally, you have background in Computer Science, Mathematics or similar. You have extensive experience in data structures and data mining, ideally strong knowledge of data science. You are experienced in SQL, python, data analytics and data-telling tools.
- Ways of working: You have curiosity and passion to learn new tools like our internal tools that are used in our campaign management landscape. You can work collaboratively with various teams throughout the broader organization
Our general Benefits:
- Work-Life Balance: flexible working hours, 30 days of vacation and flexible office options. In addition, there are also childcare options in our METRO kindergartens.
- Personal growth: a comprehensive further training offer over our METRO House of Learning as well as individual development opportunities.
- Well-being: Health programs, pension scheme, regular employee events
- Comfort: very good transport connections and free parking spaces including charging stations for e-mobility. One canteen with delicious and discounted meals plus other catering facilities. Furthermore, discounts in our stores as well as at many partner companies.
Have we aroused your interest? Then we are looking forward to your online application. METRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer all qualified applicant's full equal opportunities
Your point of contact:
Silke Holzhauer - Talent Acquisition Partner
Date posted03 August 2022