Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO.digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your product team
IDAM Customer is the Identity and Access Management platform used by METRO for it's customers and related services. It provides the ability for other METRO applications to setup the way they authenticate and authorize their users (like protocol selection or 2FA options). Its reliability is a top priority so that high availability cloud technologies are employed.
Curious to get more information about the team, the product, or the tech stack?
You’re a great fit if you have/are:
- Good knowledge and hands-on experience with:
- “NoSQL” datastores like Cassandra
- version control systems like GIT and platforms like GitLab/GitHub
- software design patterns, web application and web services architectures, event driven architecture, RESTful APIs
- software engineering practices, craftsmanship of clean and efficient code
- unit testing, integration testing, component testing, CDC testing and end to end testing tools
- Good knowledge of:
- designing, developing and deploying microservice-based applications
- analyzing performance and tuning an application for scale
- running apps on Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Platforms and deploying through GitHub/Jenkins X
- monitoring apps with tools like DataDog
- Familiar with asynchronous messaging platforms like Kafka/RabbitMQ/Google Cloud PubSub
- Degree in computer science, physics, mathematics or equivalent
- Advanced English knowledge – writing, speaking and listening
- Strong communicator having exceptional verbal communication skills, open collaboration, and strong attention to detail
- Problem solver abilities, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive. Focused on lowering the mean time between having ideas and making stuff happen
- Familiar with Agile and Lean methodologies (break down big projects into small stories, prioritizing, adapting to change, and delivering the most value)
Your new challenges:
- Focus: Develop high quality code that follows best practices and clean code principles. You will leverage the newest technology stacks.
- Holistic approach: As part of an agile development team you will be involved in all phases of software engineering, from inception to coding, testing, delivery, and operation. You enable a high degree of automation on every level
- Customer feedback: As part of the team you constantly seek out feedback from users while developing new features and always keep the code base deployable to production
- Continuous learning: You are willing to continuously develop yourself, eager to share your knowledge and take over responsibility, and have fun doing so
That's why it's worth getting started:
- You’ll be working with motivated people, that love creating products that our customers love
- You’ll be continuously growing both as an individual and as a professional, by learning on the job or from others or by accessing the training programs we have.
- You’ll have the opportunity to participate in various initiatives or working groups with the goal of enriching and streamlining our landscape.
Our general Benefits:
- Work life-balance: flexible working time, work from anywhere inside Romania, celebrate your birthday with a free day;
- Personal growth: trainings in the area of soft, technical and business skills, free Bookster account, opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies;
- Well-being: online sport activities, fitness centers discounts, health and life insurance, private pension, lunch tickets;
- Working mode: multicultural, self-organizing teams, agile environment.
Date posted29 July 2022
Location(s)Cluj-Napoca, RomaniaBrașov, RomaniaBucurești, Romania