Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO.digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 23 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department
Aggregating and managing all product data is cornerstone for any digital commerce strategy. As METRO accelerates it’s digital presence, the demand for complete digital product master data set is mandatory in a consistent, accurate and up-to-date, throughout the value chain.
The aim of Article Master Data domain is to offer the relevant master data, digital assets in the right quality to all consumers across all channels. To achieve this goal METRO decided to use Product Information Management developed by Stibo Systems, one of the PIM leaders on the market as we are committed to follow GS1 standard. We are at the beginning of the journey implementation in the pilot METRO country.
It’s the perfect time to join us, to drive the PIM journey forward and rollout the solution across 23 countries in next 3-5 years
Your new challenges as Project manager for PIM
As a Project manager for PIM, you will play an essential role in creating and steering the Project plan to roll out PIM to 23 countries for Metro.
- Creation and steering of Project plan for roll out to 23 countries.
- Roll out PIM within the original planned Budget and on time defined per country as per the roll out plan.
- Coordinate with our stakeholders from each country and define data migration strategy for transferring data from Legacy system to PIM.
- Prepare Steering committee updates and status of project.
- Ensure the timely status is communicated between all stakeholders (Country master data team, corporate master data team, Internal team and Implementation partner team)
- Take proactive actions/ pragmatic decisions on keeping the original timeline and in case of any deviation from original timeline all risks, pros and cons are understood and communicated.
- Act as coach, coordinator and, in conflict situations, as moderator.
- Create a motivating environment and ensure that individuals can work at their highest potential.
Role Specific Skills:
- Managing Stakeholders: You manage the expectations and the objectives of all people who have an interest in their area of responsibility and can affect or are affected by the business. You identify and analyse stakeholders' needs and systematically plan to communicate and engage with them.
- Subject Matter Expertise: You have a very good understanding of article master data and have good hands-on experience on STIBO system.
- Experience in change management environments.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines.
- Very strong analytical skills and distinctive expertise in solving problems.
That's why it's worth joining us:
- You will become part of a passionate international team.
- With your work you will have an impact on our improving master data for our customer channels.
- You will be part of a large community of experts, exchange ideas and learn from each other.
- We encourage lateral movements within the organization for further development
Our general Benefits:
Work-Life Balance: flexible working hours, homeoffice, 30 days of vacation and flexible office options.
Personal growth: a comprehensive further training offer over our METRO House of Learning as well as individual development opportunities.
Well-being: Health programs, pension scheme, regular employee events and the opportunity to participate in the annual METRO Marathon.
Comfort: very good transport connections and free parking spaces including charging stations for e-mobility. Two canteens with delicious and discounted meals plus other catering facilities. Furthermore, discounts in our stores as well as at many partner companies.
Respect: You respect individuals and mutual ideas, and appreciate each contributions. Furthermore, you can admit mistakes in order to learn and grow
Pragmatism: You strive for simple and effective solutions and processes, get things done by taking calculated risks rather than doing it perfectly, and continuously run experiments and making data-drdiven decisions to mazimize the value.
Ownership: You love to take the initiative and moving things forward. Furthermore, you hold yourself accountable for the outcomes and empower yourself to make decisions.
Passion: You are passionate about solving our customer's problems, have an inspirational attitude and are enthusiastic. And you strive for the highest standards and continuously improvement.
Have we aroused your interest? Then we are looking forward to your online application. METRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer all qualified applicants full equal opportunities.
Your point of contact: Adrian Schröter
Date posted14 July 2022
ProjectArticle Master Data