Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO.digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department
The Supply Chain Warehousing & Stock Management domain covers on one hand the solutions responsible for the warehousing related merchandising flows for our METRO Cash&Carry (MCC) countries, and on the other hand the solutions responsible for the stock evaluation processes for all operational transactions in our IT landscape.
What you can expect:
- Teamwork: You are part of independent and self-organized team with colleagues from all over the world and internal as well as external colleagues from various companies. Take responsibility in an international environment supporting the supply chain warehousing processes in 17 MCC countries.
- Technology: Work with a mature SAP based market solution for Supply Chain Execution (MDLS – Metro Distribution Logistic System) with the product team. Be responsible for the complete scope of IT services end-to-end and shape the way METRO is improving the supply chain execution processes with our external Logistic Providers.
- Modern work philosophy: A highly operative environment, focused on business value and IT efficiency with high level of autonomy and trust. Close connection and collaboration with our Supply Chain colleagues in the countries.
- Lead functional alignments with the supply chain users, identify gaps, solution requirements and related business benefits
- Design functional solutions (including solution configuration) for MDLS
- Act as a leading consultant in country activation projects as well as other initiatives, like implementation of new product features
- Follow-up on the implementation and coordination with support units, engineering team or application operation team
- Support for release upgrades
- Deep domain expertise in logistic and buying processes (purchasing, import management, master data, logistic provider interfaces or supply chain planning interfaces)
- Interact with product vendor (SAP) for issues coordination and resolution
Required key competencies and qualifications:
- Relevant experience of SAP R/3 Retail MM (Materials Management) and / or SD (Sales & Distribution) modules
- Relevant experience in solution functional and technical design
- Deep understanding of supply chain execution functional concepts
- Strong analytical skills
- Solid communication skills and ability to work in a team
Our general Benefits:
Work-Life Balance: flexible working hours, homeoffice, 30 days of vacation and flexible office options.
Personal growth: a comprehensive further training offer over our METRO House of Learning as well as individual development opportunities.
Well-being: Health programs, pension scheme, regular employee events and the opportunity to participate in the annual METRO Marathon.
Comfort: very good transport connections and free parking spaces including charging stations for e-mobility. Two canteens with delicious and discounted meals plus other catering facilities. Furthermore, discounts in our stores as well as at many partner companies.
Respect: You respect individuals and mutual ideas, and appreciate each contributions. Furthermore, you can admit mistakes in order to learn and grow
Pragmatism: You strive for simple and effective solutions and processes, get things done by taking calculated risks rather than doing it perfectly, and continuously run experiments and making data-drdiven decisions to mazimize the value.
Ownership: You love to take the initiative and moving things forward. Furthermore, you hold yourself accountable for the outcomes and empower yourself to make decisions.
Passion: You are passionate about solving our customer's problems, have an inspirational attitude and are enthusiastic. And you strive for the highest standards and continuously improvement.
Have we aroused your interest? Then we are looking forward to your online application. METRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer all qualified applicants full equal opportunities.
Your point of contact: Adrian Schröter
Date posted14 June 2022