Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO.digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department
"Reliable information" - that is the basis for all decisions made by our business teams. Our analytical solutions transform data into game changing insights and tangible results for METRO's core business. Do you want to design intelligent analytical tools for our business users? Then apply and get the journey started.
- consult the business teams in the METRO countries and at METRO AG in all areas of Business Intelligence
- manage the transformation of BI requirements and projects into interactive analytical solutions in close cooperation with the business stakeholders
- define BI architecture and design concepts and provide effort estimations
- be responsible for providing reporting solutions, dashboards and adhoc analyses
- coordination of developers for the design of data flows between the operational systems and the data warehouse in alignment with other teams of METRO.digital
- be part of an international and agile team in which respect, team spirit and transparency play an important role
- University degree in Information Technology, Business Administration or similar IT or business related degrees (e.g. B.Sc. / M.Sc.)
- At least 3 years of working/internship experience within an IT role
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence environments and tools will be an asset
- Experience within project management and agile methodologies
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English and German
- Team player with high level of motivation and ability to work independently
Our general Benefits:
Work-Life Balance: flexible working hours, homeoffice, 30 days of vacation and flexible office options.
Personal growth: a comprehensive further training offer over our METRO House of Learning as well as individual development opportunities.
Well-being: Health programs, pension scheme, regular employee events.
Comfort: very good transport connections and free parking spaces including charging stations for e-mobility. Two canteens with delicious and discounted meals plus other catering facilities. Furthermore, discounts in our stores as well as at many partner companies.
Respect: You respect individuals and mutual ideas, and appreciate each contributions. Furthermore, you can admit mistakes in order to learn and grow
Pragmatism: You strive for simple and effective solutions and processes, get things done by taking calculated risks rather than doing it perfectly, and continuously run experiments and making data-drdiven decisions to mazimize the value.
Ownership: You love to take the initiative and moving things forward. Furthermore, you hold yourself accountable for the outcomes and empower yourself to make decisions.
Passion: You are passionate about solving our customer's problems, have an inspirational attitude and are enthusiastic. And you strive for the highest standards and continuously improvement.
Have we aroused your interest? Then we are looking forward to your online application. METRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer all qualified applicants full equal opportunities.
Your point of contact: Adrian Schröter
Date posted31 May 2022