Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO.digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department
Our Analytics and Data science Hub is a place, where analysts, data engineers and data scientists connect. It’s also here where we leverage data to innovate and make intelligent decisions. In your role you will be part of the Customer Ordering Domain that has the focus on trader business with METRO.
Your new challenges:
In your new role as Data Analyst for our domain you are responsible for assessing the market situation of our traders and supporting business to uncover potential new use cases. You do not shy away from digging into data yourself and convey insights with ease to people from both technical and non-technical backgrounds. Additionally, you lead communication efforts to educate (potential) stakeholders on our data science products and promote their usage through the company.
You are a great fit:
- You can work collaboratively with various teams throughout the broader organization
- You have strong analytical skills and can think conceptually
- You can visualize data in an insightful way for the right audience with Microstrategy , Data Studio, R, Tableau, or other dashboarding platforms
- You can write SQL queries to fetch and filter the right data for the right questions
- You are excited about data analytics and science and can explain technical concepts to in an easy and understandable way to a non-technical audience
- You ideally have a background in the retail or e-commerce sectors
- You do not shy away from public speaking
- You have curiosity and passion to learn new tools and methods
- You are self-aware, positive, and strongly committed to customer orientation
- You can communicate in English fluently
Our general Benefits:
- Work life-balance: flexible working time, work from anywhere inside Romania, celebrate your birthday with a free day;
- Personal growth: trainings in the area of soft, technical and business skills, free Bookster account, opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies;
- Well-being: online sport activities, fitness centers discounts, health and life insurance, private pension, lunch tickets;
- Working mode: multicultural, self-organizing teams, agile environment.
Respect: You respect individuals and mutual ideas, and appreciate each contributions. Furthermore, you can admit mistakes in order to learn and grow
Pragmatism: You strive for simple and effective solutions and processes, get things done by taking calculated risks rather than doing it perfectly, and continuously run experiments and making data-drdiven decisions to mazimize the value.
Ownership: You love to take the initiative and moving things forward. Furthermore, you hold yourself accountable for the outcomes and empower yourself to make decisions.
Passion: You are passionate about solving our customer's problems, have an inspirational attitude and are enthusiastic. And you strive for the highest standards and continuously improvement.
Date posted03 May 2022