Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO.digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department
Our Analytics and Data science hub is a place, where analysts, data engineers and data scientists connect. It’s also here where we leverage data to innovate and make intelligent decisions.
Join our new data science team focusing on assortment optimization. Design machine learning models to learn from transactions the real needs and desires of Metro customers. Your models are the basis of buyer negotiations, own brand strategies and category manager decisions.In your new role as Machine Learning Engineer you will support us in building and enhancing our machine learning infrastructure, from implementing MLOps best practices to bringing model prototypes as Tensorflow models into production.
Curious to get more information about the team, the product, or the tech stack? https://metro.digital/hubs/data-science-hub/
What you can expect:
- Holistic approach: You are involved in all phases of data and ml-engineering, from data preparation over model implementation to testing and ultimately running it on the cloud. A high working quality, which is ensured by extensive test automation.
- Teamwork: You are part of independent data science team with colleagues from all over the world which develop predictive and recommender system models and deploy them continuously to production. A constant exchange of knowledge within our analytics and data science hub, but also with product manager and stakeholders.
- Modern work philosophy: An agile development environment with pair programming, code reviews and international showcases. Use of innovative and state of the art technologies.
Required key competencies and qualifications:
- Work experience as a Machine Learning Engineer or adjacent role
- Extensive knowledge of machine learning concepts, pipelines and frameworks
- Experience in implementing ML models with Tensorflow
- Proficient with coding best practices and CI/CD procedures
- Experience with managing services through cloud providers
- Experience in successfully productionizing machine learning applications/APIs
- Ability to work as part of an international team, share knowledge actively and contribute with your own ideas and expertise
- Positive and self-driven personality with good communication skills
What makes you stand out:
- Experience in maintaining and monitoring machine learning models in production
- Experience with architecting advanced ML pipeline, e.g. with TFX
- Experience with Kubernetes and/or Argo (Workflows/Events)
- Experience in building products for retail or e-commerce is a huge plus
- Knowledge of features stores
Our tech stack:
- Google Cloud (BigQuery, AI Platform/Vertex AI, GKE) managed via Terraform
- Python, Tensorflow/Keras, FastAPI
- Kubernetes (Docker, Istio, Seldon, FluxCD)
- Kubeflow, Argo-Workflows
- Datadog, Redash, Metabase
- Github Enterprise
Our general Benefits:
Work-Life Balance: flexible working hours, homeoffice, 30 days of vacation and flexible office options.
Personal growth: a comprehensive further training offer over our METRO House of Learning as well as individual development opportunities.
Well-being: Health programs, pension scheme, regular employee events and the opportunity to participate in the annual METRO Marathon.
Comfort: very good transport connections and free parking spaces including charging stations for e-mobility. Two canteens with delicious and discounted meals plus other catering facilities. Furthermore, discounts in our stores as well as at many partner companies.
Respect: You respect individuals and mutual ideas, and appreciate each contributions. Furthermore, you can admit mistakes in order to learn and grow
Pragmatism: You strive for simple and effective solutions and processes, get things done by taking calculated risks rather than doing it perfectly, and continuously run experiments and making data-drdiven decisions to mazimize the value.
Ownership: You love to take the initiative and moving things forward. Furthermore, you hold yourself accountable for the outcomes and empower yourself to make decisions.
Passion: You are passionate about solving our customer's problems, have an inspirational attitude and are enthusiastic. And you strive for the highest standards and continuously improvement.
Have we aroused your interest? Then we are looking forward to your online application. METRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer all qualified applicants full equal opportunities.
Your point of contact:
Date posted02 May 2022