Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO.digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
I am responsible for bringing business value through our domain solutions. I am the trustful partner for our business stakeholders and countries clients.
As a Domain Owner in Checkout, you will play an essential role in driving the strategy for the new generation of METRO checkout solutions.
We have developed and continued to improve a multi-platform Point of Sale software that runs on any device, allowing hardware flexibility and the possibility to check out from any corner of the store.
Our daily motivation is all about challenging the status quo, thus the following:
“People spend almost an entire year of their life queuing in lines. Our products aim at reducing that.”
Curious to get more information about the team, the solutions, or the tech stack?
- Acts as a mentor and coach for direct reports (e.g. related to employees’ career and development).
- Proactively uses employee instruments in order to better understand and approach employee-related topics.
- Identifies improvement opportunities and strengths which could enable the talent of direct reports.
- Moderates team’s dynamics (e.g. conflict, team development).
- Integrates different perspectives and tools for getting the desired outcomes.
- Facilitates the development of the belonging feeling and build psychological safety across the team.
- Is a brand ambassador for Metro.digital to all employees and to the market as a whole.
- Promotes and ensures the understanding of the strategy within the domain.
- Defines the vision and the mission for the domain.
- Tracks the implementation of domain’s strategy.
- Supports the innovation and the digital transformation of METRO business.
- Implements company strategic decisions and initiatives.
- Consciously strives for the understanding of the organizational eco-system (e.g. MAG, countries, partners).
- Engages in experimental initiatives meant to increase the organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Participates to internal and external networking events.
- Promotes unit’s products towards other entities.
- Identifies and integrates interdependencies with other domains and solutions.
- Establishes the quality standards related to the expertise levels.
- Delivers best practice sharing sessions.
- Offers coaching to other colleagues to support the product trio.
- Continuously runs competitors and market trends analysis.
- Leverages external services with diverse partners for best in class solutions.
- Analyzes, interprets, and makes data driven decisions.
- Contributes with ideas and initiatives meant to grow the METRO business (e.g. new digital services and products).
- Optimizes the allocated budget for domain’s solutions and products
- Plans employees’ related costs and business solutions related costs
Subject / Functional Skills
- Talent Management
- Situational Leadership
- Expertise (i.e. knowledge on store operations/checkout processes)
- Strategic Thinking
- Product Management Methodology
- Business Acumen (not applicable for external candidates)
- Stakeholders Management
- Data driven decision making
Cultural Fit / Soft Skills
- Effective Presentation
- Moderation & Facilitation
Date posted21 April 2022