Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO.digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department
MCCM (Metro Contract and Condition Maintenance) is a tool which supports everyday life of a Buyer in negotiations, contracts creation and archiving. The system is equipped with flexible approval workflow, custom reports, unlimited templates configuration, document archiving and is serving 17 METRO countries. Still in rollout in the Metro World we embrace the mantra: “We build it, we run it”. The system is 7 years old, developed in Java, Spring, GWT(Google Web Toolkit), Oracle Database and currently under evaluation for new React/micro services implementation.
We also have a mobile application in our portfolio, called MCCAM, which provides a well requested link between the buyer/category manager and the store employees. It provides users of MCCM the possibility to request pictures of certain promotions applied in the store, at only 3 clicks away, and the user will be notified with an email when request is fulfilled. This makes promotions more traceable and helps the buyer in the negotiations with the supplier. The solution was developed using the Flutter SDK provided by Google, which is a new technology that can be used to build native applications for mobile, web and desktop.
Curious to get more information about the team, the product, or the tech stack? https://metro.digital/products
Your new challenges
- You will be involved in all phases of software development;
- You will work on both layers of the product, back end and front end;
- You will be part of the migration from Oracle to newer technologies (as Java and Java Script);
- You will have the chance to develop yourself constantly and to make our digital world better every day.
Required key competencies and qualifications:
Working or proven experience with:
- 3+ years of experience working on backend software using Java (Spring/Spring Boot, Hybernate);
- 3+ years of experience working on frontend software using Java Script (React.JS, Redux);
- Knowledge of relational databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL);
- Knowledge of version control as GIT and version control repositories as Gitlab;
- Knowledge of continuous integration & deployment tools e.g. Jenkins;
- Experience in designing, developing and deploying microservice-based applications;
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices, craftsmanship of clean and efficient code;
- Experience on unit testing and end to end testing tools (good to have, automated would be a plus);
- Familiarity with the standard software design patterns, web application and web services architectures, RESTful APIs;
- Knowledge of English language at advanced.
That's why it's worth getting started:
- You will have the ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, within a global, remote workforce;
- You will be involved in all phases of software engineering, from conception over implementation to testing;
- You will be part of an independent small team which develop customer-oriented services and applications and deploy them continuously. You will have a constant exchange of knowledge within your multidisciplinary team, including product manager, but also with your customers;
- You will work in an agile development environment and you will have the opportunity to use innovative and state of the art technologies.
Our general Benefits:
- Work life-balance: flexible working time, work from anywhere inside Romania, celebrate your birthday with a free day;
- Personal growth: trainings in the area of soft, technical and business skills, free Bookster account, opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies;
- Well-being: online sport activities, fitness centers discounts, health and life insurance, private pension, lunch tickets;
- Working mode: multicultural, self-organizing teams, agile environment.
Respect: You respect individuals and mutual ideas, and appreciate each contributions. Furthermore, you can admit mistakes in order to learn and grow
Pragmatism: You strive for simple and effective solutions and processes, get things done by taking calculated risks rather than doing it perfectly, and continuously run experiments and making data-drdiven decisions to mazimize the value.
Ownership: You love to take the initiative and moving things forward. Furthermore, you hold yourself accountable for the outcomes and empower yourself to make decisions.
Passion: You are passionate about solving our customer's problems, have an inspirational attitude and are enthusiastic. And you strive for the highest standards and continuously improvement.
Date posted13 April 2022
Location(s)București, RomaniaHo Chi Minh City, Vietnam
ProfessionFull Stack Developer
ProjectFull-Stack Development - DO NOT USE