Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From eCommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department
M|POS Air is the new Metro’s checkout core solution which is user-friendly, secure, innovative, mobile and always available. It has to compute the amount to pay, tailored for every type of customer, in a smooth and accurate manner, to provide a performant invoicing and payment solution and also user management functionalities, keeping continuously in mind to enable the best user experience. Curious to get more information about the team, the product, or the tech stack? https://metro.digital/products
Your new challenges
To use the principles of clean code and understand the agile software development practices To be a team player that provides constructive feedback in order to continuously improve his or his team’s work To be a continuous learner, able to see things from different perspectives, curious on the latest software engineering trends.
Required key competencies and qualifications
- Experience with .NET Core, Visual Studio, C#, PostgreSQL, Rest API, Docker, Kubernetes;
- Knowledge of microservices architecture;
- Unit testing fan;
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines;
- Strong organization, time management and task prioritization skills;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, customers and other stakeholders from different locations;
- University degree in a technical field;
- Good English language, verbally and in writing.
- Involved in all phases of software engineering, from inception to coding, testing, delivery and operation.
- Develop high quality code that follows best practices and clean code principles.
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security and performance.
- Collaborate with other engineers or team members on various layers of the infrastructure, in order to design and launch new features.
- As an experienced engineer, interact with the client in order to understand and characterize their needs and advise them if necessary.
Our general Benefits:
- Work life-balance: flexible working time, work from anywhere inside Romania, celebrate your birthday with a free day;
- Personal growth: trainings in the area of soft, technical and business skills, free Bookster account, opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies;
- Well-being: online sport activities, fitness centers discounts, health and life insurance, private pension, lunch tickets;
- Working mode: multicultural, self-organizing teams, agile environment.
Date posted13 April 2022