Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department
From point-of-sale systems and delivery software to ecommerce platforms and mobile assistants. As engineering hub we do offer a wide range of solutions to digitize our wholesale business! It’s also here where we share know-how, ideas and our passion for technology. We try to understand the user by getting ourselves involved in product discoveries. Meeting METRO customers and employees helps us see their challenges and code with them in mind.
Curious to get more information about the team, the product, or the tech stack? https://metro.digital/hubs/engineering-hub/
What you can expect:
- Holistic approach: You are involved in all phases of software engineering, from conception over implementation to testing and ultimately running it on the cloud. Asserting quality and automation is natural to you.
- Teamwork: You are part of independent small teams with colleagues from all over the world which develop customer-oriented services and applications and deploy them continuously. A constant exchange of knowledge within your multidisciplinary team, including product manager and UX professional, but also with your customers.
- Modern work philosophy: An agile development environment with pair programming and/or code reviews. Use of innovative and state of the art technologies.
Required key competencies and qualifications:
- You have profound knowledge in at least one major programming language such as Java, Scala, Go, or Clojure. We’d appreciate if this language is Kotlin or you are interested in learning it.
- Ideally, you have some hands-on experience with designing and engineering environments on cloud providers like GCP, Azure, or AWS for deploying and running microservices.
- You are already developing backend microservices maybe including designing the persistence layer.
- You have fun solving complex business and technical problems and you want to work in a team that shares this ambition with you.
- You want to develop yourself constantly and you love to make our digital world a little bit better every day.
- You find it exciting to get to know and use new technologies and trends.
Our general Benefits:
- Work-Life Balance: flexible working hours, work from anywhere inside Germany*, 30 days of vacation and flexible office options.
- Personal growth: a comprehensive further training offer over our METRO House of Learning as well as individual development opportunities.
- Well-being: Health programs, pension scheme and regular employee events. In addition, there are further surcharges for meals on site.
- Comfort: E-Bike Leasing. Furthermore, discounts in our stores as well as at many partner companies.
Have we aroused your interest? Then we are looking forward to your online application. METRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer all qualified applicants full equal opportunities.
Your point of contact:
Talent Acquisition Partner
*Disclaimer: you still need to come to the office sometimes. Please ask your recruiter for more details
Date posted11 April 2022
ProfessionFull Stack Developer