Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department
You will be part of a team consisting of different roles like Full stack engineers, frontend engineer, SRE, UI/UX experts, working on an e-commerce product which is live and operational in multiple countries with plans on rolling out to furthermore.
You will be helping the team with day-to-day activities, as well as planning for the future and direction of the product together with the team.
Curious to get more information about the team, the product, or the tech stack?
What you can expect:
- Holistic approach: As part of an agile development team you will be involved in all phases of software engineering, from inception to coding, testing, delivery, and operation. You strive for a high degree of automation on every level;
- Performance mindset: Your mission will be to increase productivity of development teams by focusing on the cross-functional aspects like observability, scalability, availability, maintainability, reliability, etc., while always keeping the customer in mind. In doing so, you will also be leading postmortems after major incidents;
- Continuous learning: You are willing to continuously develop yourself, eager to share your knowledge and take over responsibility, and have fun doing so;
- Customer feedback: As part of the team you constantly seek out feedback from users while developing new features and always keep the code base deployable to production.
Required key competencies and qualifications:
- You can propose and implement changes which will contribute to better stability and performance of the system;
- You also have experience with cloud platforms (e.g., Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform);
- Docker, Kubernetes, GitHub, Jenkins, Redis are no strange topics to you;
- Strong OS skills (Linux, Windows), expertise around web security and networking;
- Basic knowledge of monitoring and experience with Datadog or similar tools;
- Experience with CI/CD process and troubleshooting;
- You are proactive enough to work on enhancing reliability, observability, and stability of our systems;
- Strong communicator: You have exceptional verbal communication skills, open collaboration, and strong attention to detail;
- Enthusiastic about developing training individuals within the team;
- Mindset / Ways of working: You have a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive. You have experience in dealing with difficult situations and you can make, when necessary, decisions with a sense of urgency.
Our general Benefits:
- Work life-balance: flexible working time, work from home forever, celebrate your birthday with a free day;
- Personal growth: trainings in the area of soft, technical and business skills, free Bookster account, opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies;
- Well-being: online sport activities, fitness centers discounts, health and life insurance, private pension, lunch tickets;
- Working mode: multicultural, self-organizing teams, agile environment.
Date posted01 April 2022
Location(s)București, RomaniaCluj-Napoca, RomaniaBrașov, Romania
ProfessionSite Reliability Engineer