Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO.digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Curious to get more information about the team, the product, or the tech stack?
Your new challenges:
- Holistic approach: As part of an agile development team you will be involved in all phases of software engineering, from inception to coding, testing, delivery, and operation. You enable a high degree of automation on every level
- Continuous learning: You are willing to continuously develop yourself, eager to share your knowledge and take over responsibility, and have fun doing so
- Customer feedback: As part of the team you constantly seek out feedback from users while developing new features and always keep the code base deployable to production
What we’re looking for?
- University degree in information technology or comparable education;
- Ability to communicate and collaborate efficiently;
- High interest in continuous learning and development (new tools, technologies, methodologies);
- Self-motivation to achieve consistently high-quality results;
- Ability to think out of the box and challenge the status quo;
- Openness to share knowledge and best practices with the team;
- Open to learn new things and assume responsibility into various roles inside the team;
- Ability to use simplicity in complex projects;
- Good command of English, both spoken and written.
You’re a great fit with us if you have:
- Very good knowladge in Java (acquired in 5+ years of development experience);
- Very good knowladge Reactive programming experience – RX Java,Reactor;
- Very good knowledge of Spring Framework, SpringBoot, Spring Security;
- Very good knowledge of Microservices arhitecture ;
- Good knowledge about JVM internals;
- Good understanding of REST;
- Good knowledge of “NoSQL” datastores such as Cassandra;
- Hand on experience with Docker technology managed with Kubernetes ;
- Experience with automated unit and integration testing (Junit, Mockito, Cypress);
- Experience with version control systems as GIT and version control repositories as Gitlab, Github;
- Familiar with continuous deployment and integration tools (preferably Jenkins).
- Knowledge of BigQuery;
- Knowladge of JMS technologies(Kafka, PubSub or any other);
- Knowladge of monitoring tools such as DataDog, Kibana, Kafka manager;
- Familiar with Linux or MacOs .
Our general Benefits:
- Work life-balance: flexible working time, work from anywhere inside Romania, celebrate your birthday with a free day;
- Personal growth: trainings in the area of soft, technical and business skills, free Bookster account, opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies;
- Well-being: online sport activities, fitness centers discounts, health and life insurance, private pension, lunch tickets;
- Working mode: multicultural, self-organizing teams, agile environment.
Date posted01 April 2022