Today's technology is driving the world. And at METRO.digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department
Our mobile apps serve METRO customers with information and services daily. Shopping trips are prepared, processed and reworked through this unique mobile touchpoint. Improving it further requires us to know and understand our customers like no one else does.
- Involved in all phases of software engineering, from inception to coding, testing, delivery and operation.
- Develop high quality code that follows best practices and clean code principles.
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security and performance.
- Collaborate with other engineers or team members on various layers of the infrastructure, in order to design and launch new features.
- As an experienced engineer, interact with the client in order to understand and characterize their needs and advise them if necessary.
Required key competencies and qualifications:
- Native mobile engineering skills, Swift and Kotlin
- Experience with software architecture (MVVM, MVC)
- Ability to write clean and testable code as well as unit/integration tests
- Excellent debugging skills
- Experience working in a team environment
- REST integration
- Excellent communication skills
- App management experience (App/Play Store)
- git, CI/CD
Our general Benefits:
Work-Life Balance: flexible working hours, homeoffice, 30 days of vacation and flexible office options.
Personal growth: a comprehensive further training offer over our METRO House of Learning as well as individual development opportunities.
Well-being: Health programs, pension scheme, regular employee events and the opportunity to participate in the annual METRO Marathon.
Comfort: very good transport connections and free parking spaces including charging stations for e-mobility. Two canteens with delicious and discounted meals plus other catering facilities. Furthermore, discounts in our stores as well as at many partner companies.
Have we aroused your interest? Then we are looking forward to your online application. METRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer all qualified applicants full equal opportunities.
Your point of contact:
Date posted31 March 2022