Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
What you can expect:
- Holistic approach: You are involved in all phases of data and ml-engineering, from data preparation over model implementation to testing and ultimately running it on the cloud. A high working quality, which is ensured by extensive test automation.
- Teamwork: You are part of independent data science team with colleagues from all over the world which develop predictive and recommender system models and deploy them continuously to production. A constant exchange of knowledge within our analytics and data science hub, but also with product manager and stakeholders.
- Modern work philosophy: An agile development environment with pair programming, code reviews and international showcases. Use of innovative and state of the art technologies.
Your new challenges:
You will be working in our recommender systems team with machine learning engineers and data scientists as your colleagues. Our purpose is to improve our machine learning based product recommendations to be highly personalized and engaging to our more than 16 million customers. To achieve this, we are integrating data from a range of company solutions as well as real-time user activity and product data across 23 countries.
In your new role as an Analytics Engineer you will enhance our data integration processes, incorporate new data sources, and work together with data scientists to empower analytics and machine learning modeling. You will own the data ingestion process to solve challenges of freshness and availability while dealing with a variety of diverse sources. By helping extend our data test coverage and quality assurance mechanisms, you are strongly contributing to our insights and data understanding, to help us recommend fitting products to each customer.
Required key competencies and qualifications:
- Work experience as an Analytics Engineer, Data Engineer or similar role
- Previous experience of implementing data pipelines with DataOps best practices
- Good understanding of data modeling concepts (e.g. snowflake, star schema)
- Excellent proficiency in SQL
- Experience with cloud provider (e.g. GCP, AWS)
- Ability to work as part of an international team, share knowledge actively and contribute with your own ideas and expertise
- Positive and self-driven personality with good communication skills
What makes you stand out:
- 2-4 years of work experience successfully implementing highly scalable data products
- Experience with DBT and/or data quality frameworks (e.g. Great Expectations, Deeque)
- Experience implementing dashboard reporting (e.g. Looker, Metabase, Redash)
- Experience with Argo (Workflows/Events) and/or Kubernetes
- Experience with managed data services on GCP
- Experience with data management platforms (e.g. Databricks)
- Experience in building products for retail or e-commerce is a huge plus
Our tech stack:
- Google Cloud (Vertex AI/AI Platform, GCS, …)
- FastAPI, Seldon, Tensorflow/Keras
- Kubernetes (GKE), Kubeflow, Istio
- Terragrunt/Terraform, FluxCD
- Argo (Workflows/Events)
- DBT, BigQuery, ElasticSearch
- Python, Golang, Docker
Our general Benefits:
Work life-balance: flexible working time, work from home forever, celebrate your birthday with a free day.
Personal growth: training in the area of soft, technical and business skills, free Bookster account, the opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies.
Well-being: online sports activities, fitness centers discounts, health and life insurance, private pension, lunch tickets.
Working mode: multicultural, self-organizing teams, agile environment.
Have we aroused your interest? Then we are looking forward to your online application. METRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer all qualified applicants full equal opportunities.
Your point of contact:
Allie Nguyen - Talent Acquisition Partner
Date posted28 March 2022
Location(s)Berlin, GermanyBucurești, Romania