Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO.digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Here the exciting news: we are opening our brand-new office in Ho-Chi-Minh-City, Vietnam!
Europe meets Vietnam - be part of this exciting journey and green-field project from scratch from day one!
Check out our homepage: https://metro.digital/
Purpose of your new department
The Customer Credit Limit Management System (CCMS) is a product which supports the credit management system by bringing multiple benefits:
- Efficient usage of available credit limit for customers
- Minimum risk of bad debts for Metro Group
- Immediate data access and processing anytime - 24/7
The application is implemented as micro-services REST API with a NoSQL database.
Your new challenges:
- You will be involved in all phases of software development;
- You will work on both layers of the product, back end and front end;
- You will develop yourself constantly to make our digital world better every day.
You’re a great fit if you have/are:
Good knowledge and hands-on experience with:
- Automated unit and integration testing (Junit, Mockito);
- Knowledge of “NoSQL” datastores such as Cassandra and RDBMS such as PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of Spring Framework, Spring Security, SpringBoot
- Good understanding of HTTP protocol;
- Microservices architecture style;
- Linux and virtualization - preferable Docker;
- Continuous integration tools;
- Agile and Lean methodologies;
- Nice to have knowledge of Google Cloud Platform, Datadog;
That's why it's worth getting started:
- You will have the ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, within a global, remote workforce;
- You will be involved in all phases of software engineering, from conception over implementation to testing;
- You will be part of an independent small team which develop customer-oriented services and applications and deploy them continuously;
- You will have a constant exchange of knowledge within your multidisciplinary team, including product manager, but also with your customers;
- You will work in an agile development environment and you will have the opportunity to use innovative and state of the art technologies.
We are currently defining our company benefits for Vietnam - so it is work in process! Please share your ideas and knowledge about the market and support us, in defining these, too!
Work-Life Balance: flexible working hours, 22 days of vacation
Personal growth: a comprehensive further training offer over our METRO House of Learning as well as individual development opportunities.
Have we aroused your interest? Then we are looking forward to your online application. METRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer all qualified applicants full equal opportunities.
Your point of contact:
Date posted22 March 2022
Location(s)Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
ProfessionFull Stack Developer