Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO.digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department
From point-of-sale systems and delivery software to ecommerce platforms and mobile assistants. As engineering hub we do offer a wide range of solutions to digitize our wholesale business! It’s also here where we share know-how, ideas and our passion for technology. We try to understand the user by getting ourselves involved in product discoveries. Meeting METRO customers and employees helps us see their challenges and code with them in mind.
Curious to get more information about the team, the product, or the tech stack? https://metro.digital/hubs/engineering-hub
- Involved in all phases of software engineering, from inception to coding, testing, delivery and operation.
- Develop high quality code that follows best practices and clean code principles.
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security and performance.
- Collaborate with other engineers or team members on various layers of the infrastructure, in order to design and launch new features.
- As an experienced engineer, interact with the client in order to understand and characterize their needs and advise them if necessary.
Required key competencies and qualifications:
- You have profound knowledge in either Java or Kotlin, as well as enthusiasm for automating and automatically scaling tests and deployments (with Docker and Kubernetes)
- You have fun solving complex business and technical problems and you want to work in a team that shares this ambition with you
- You want to develop yourself constantly and you love to make our digital world a little bit better every day
- You are interested in splitting large projects into small, manageable subprojects with microservices
- You are already developing software "full stack" meaning from the front end over the back end to the persistence layer or you want to learn how to do it
- You find it exciting to get to know and use new technologies and trends
Our general Benefits:
Work-Life Balance: flexible working hours, homeoffice, 30 days of vacation and flexible office options.
Personal growth: a comprehensive further training offer over our METRO House of Learning as well as individual development opportunities.
Well-being: Health programs, pension scheme, regular employee events and the opportunity to participate in the annual METRO Marathon.
Comfort: very good transport connections and free parking spaces including charging stations for e-mobility. Two canteens with delicious and discounted meals plus other catering facilities. Furthermore, discounts in our stores as well as at many partner companies.
Respect: You respect individuals and mutual ideas, and appreciate each contributions. Furthermore, you can admit mistakes in order to learn and grow
Pragmatism: You strive for simple and effective solutions and processes, get things done by taking calculated risks rather than doing it perfectly, and continuously run experiments and making data-drdiven decisions to mazimize the value.
Ownership: You love to take the initiative and moving things forward. Furthermore, you hold yourself accountable for the outcomes and empower yourself to make decisions.
Passion: You are passionate about solving our customer's problems, have an inspirational attitude and are enthusiastic. And you strive for the highest standards and continuously improvement.
Have we aroused your interest? Then we are looking forward to your online application. METRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer all qualified applicants full equal opportunities.
Your point of contact:
Date posted16 March 2022