Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO.digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department
M|Message enables METRO / Makro to reach customers via messaging channels.
It covers marketing communication and transaction messages for important user journeys in customer registration and digital ordering. Top usage is email communication, following by SMS communication.
Now we are delivering around 1 billion million messages per year via email and SMS for 24 METRO cash & carry countries. Our challenge is to enable stepwise all messenger channels which are most relevant for our customers – such as WhatsApp, Viber, Facebook messenger etc.
As we believe in dialogue, we strive for channel abstraction to become channel agnostic. In other words: It should not matter which channel (messenger / email / SMS etc.) our customer prefers – our mission is to connect our landscape with hundreds of solutions to all relevant communication channels.
Developing a microservice based application, that uses messaging queues to send large amount of data to external email- / SMS-sending solutions. Connect development team with business stockholders, attend technical and business alignment meetings, coordinate a group of engineers.
Required key competencies and qualifications:
- At least 5+ years of experience in Software Development;
- Expertise in architectural design patterns;
- You are fluent in English both writing and speaking;
- Experience working with the following technologies:
- Java 11 (Spring framework), Linux;
- Kubernetes, Containers, Docker;
- Strong Kafka knowledge;
- “NoSQL” database: Elasticsearch;
- Google Cloud Platform services: GKE, Pub/Sub, Storage;
- UI technologies: ReactJs or Angular;
- Experience in infrastructure design and DevOps;
- Strong skills in backend engineering, developing secure REST APIs and microservices;
- Agile (SCRUM) methodology strong knowledge;
- Knowledge about Episerver/Mailjet platform it’s nice to have.
Our general Benefits:
- Work life-balance: flexible working time, work from anywhere inside Romania, celebrate your birthday with a free day;
- Personal growth: trainings in the area of soft, technical and business skills, free Bookster account, opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies;
- Well-being: online sport activities, fitness centers discounts, health and life insurance, private pension, lunch tickets;
- Working mode: multicultural, self-organizing teams, agile environment.
Date posted16 February 2022
Location(s)București, RomaniaCluj-Napoca, RomaniaBrașov, Romania
ProfessionFull Stack Developer