Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO.digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department
All METRO countries are in a digitization process in order to be able to carry out pricing faster and more individually, respecting regional factors and the buying behaviour of our multiple customer groups. We are introducing our own pricing solution in all our countries, and we are fully supporting our country colleagues in the successful implementation. Our goal is to develop tailor-made pricing for our growing delivery segment and our markets.
Your new challenges:
- Bringing your Pricing expertise to the team, stakeholders, countries
- Building a bridge between the cutting-edge pricing tool and the business needs, translating them into working mechanics within a digital tool
- Own the ongoing effort to rollout the new tool to the countries with the best fitting mechanics together with the team of Project managers
- Support the change management process within the countries
You are a great fit:
- You are proficient in SQL
- You have an in-depth expert in Pricing as a field and have 3+ years of experience with Pricing in B2B business and Wholesale and/or Retail
- You are a good listener and focused on understanding the real needs of your counterparts
- You know how to prioritize what matters and how to set clear expectations
- You are an excellent communicator (and well-versed in written and spoken English)
- You can understand and systematise complex structures into digestible parts
- You are a true team player and like to learn from your colleagues
Role Specific Skills:
Technical Mindset: You lead field specific technical discussions to translate business needs, identify technical opportunities and come up with customized proposals for the clients.
Analytical Thinking: You align appropriate solutions to issues by evaluating information you gathered and by considering urgency and importance.
Communication: You convey or shares ideas, feelings and information effectively using the most appropriate methods, tools and channels for the respective audience.
Strategic thinking: You have the ability to find and develop unique opportunities to create value by enabling a disruptive and creative dialogue.
Our general Benefits:
Work-Life Balance: flexible working hours, home office, 30 days of vacation and flexible office options.
Personal growth: a comprehensive further training offer over our METRO House of Learning as well as individual development opportunities.
Well-being: health programs, pension scheme, regular employee events and the opportunity to participate in the annual METRO Marathon.
Comfort: very good transport connections and free parking spaces including charging stations for e-mobility. Two canteens with delicious and discounted meals plus other catering facilities. Furthermore, discounts in our stores as well as at many partner companies.
Respect: You respect individuals and mutual ideas and appreciate each contribution. Furthermore, you can admit mistakes in order to learn and grow
Pragmatism: You strive for simple and effective solutions and processes, get things done by taking calculated risks rather than doing it perfectly, and continuously run experiments and making data-driven decisions to maximize the value.
Ownership: You love to take the initiative and moving things forward. Furthermore, you hold yourself accountable for the outcomes and empower yourself to make decisions.
Passion: You are passionate about solving our customer's problems, have an inspirational attitude and are enthusiastic. And you strive for the highest standards and continuously improvement.
Have we aroused your interest? Then we are looking forward to your online application. METRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer all qualified applicants full equal opportunities.
Your point of contact:
Talent Acquisition Partner
Date posted15 February 2022
Location(s)Düsseldorf, GermanyBerlin, Germany
ProjectCustomer Order Fullfilment