Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO.digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Here the exciting news: we are opening our brand-new office in Ho-Chi-Minh-City, Vietnam!
Europe meets Vietnam - be part of this exciting journey and green-field project from scratch from day one!
Check out our homepage: https://metro.digital/
Purpose of your new department
From point-of-sale systems and delivery software to ecommerce platforms and mobile assistants. As engineering hub we do offer a wide range of solutions to digitize our wholesale business! It’s also here where we share know-how, ideas and our passion for technology. We try to understand the user by getting ourselves involved in product discoveries. Meeting METRO customers and employees helps us see their challenges and code with them in mind.
Curious to get more information about the team, the product, or the tech stack? https://metro.digital/hubs/engineering-hub/
- Involved in all phases of software engineering, from inception to coding, testing, delivery and operation.
- Develop high quality code that follows best practices and clean code principles.
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security and performance.
- Collaborate with other engineers or team members on various layers of the infrastructure, in order to design and launch new features.
- As an experienced engineer, interact with the client in order to understand and characterize their needs and advise them if necessary.
Required key competencies and qualifications:
- You are enthusiasic for automating and automatically scaling tests and deployments (with Docker and Kubernetes)
- You have fun solving complex business and technical problems and you want to work in a team that shares this ambition with you
- You want to develop yourself constantly and you love to make our digital world a little bit better every day
- You are interested in splitting large projects into small, manageable subprojects with microservices
- You already have experience in developing software "full stack" meaning from the backend over the frontend to the persistence layer or you want to learn how to do it
- You find it exciting to get to know and use new technologies and trends
- You are fluent in English both writing and speaking
Role Specific Skills:
Communication: You convey or share ideas, feelings and information effectively using the most appropriate methods, tools and channels for the respective audience.
Coding: You understand, write and read codes and apply best practices in coding and security.
Self-organization: You organize your own work effectively by setting goals and planning your activities.
Analytical Thinking: You align appropriate solutions to issues by evaluating gathered information by considering their urgency and importance.
Testing Process: You are able to conduct test estimations, metrics, business value of testing, test prioritisation, defect reporting and lifecycle
Respect: You respect individuals and mutual ideas, and appreciate each contributions. Furthermore, you can admit mistakes in order to learn and grow
Pragmatism: You strive for simple and effective solutions and processes, get things done by taking calculated risks rather than doing it perfectly, and continuously run experiments and making data-drdiven decisions to mazimize the value.
Ownership: You love to take the initiative and moving things forward. Furthermore, you hold yourself accountable for the outcomes and empower yourself to make decisions.
Passion: You are passionate about solving our customer's problems, have an inspirational attitude and are enthusiastic. And you strive for the highest standards and continuously improvement.
Our general Benefits:
We are currently defining our company benefits for Vietnam - so it is work in process! Please share your ideas and knowledge about the market and support us, in defining these, too!
Work-Life Balance: flexible working hours, 22 days of vacation
Personal growth: a comprehensive further training offer over our METRO House of Learning as well as individual development opportunities.
Have we aroused your interest? Then we are looking forward to your online application. METRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer all qualified applicants full equal opportunities.
Your point of contact:
Date posted11 January 2022
LocationHo Chi Minh City